which of these tyres would your money go on?

mdaw1985

Aug 3, 2008
St.Leonards, East Sussex
Hi all,

my tyre size is 225/40/18. I need two new ones.

I've narrowed my list to four tyres. Although I like it, I dont necessarily need ultimate grip as I dont drive as fast now since I had a baby. So I would still like good grip but also some durability. Im currently running Yokohama advan sport v105s and got about 15k out of them on the front similar to what i got from my previous asymmetric 2's.

Falken 510: 80 quid
Yokohama V105s: 85 quid
Goodyear asymmetric 3: 90
Dunlop sport maxx RT 2: 93

these are fitted prices

its not a huge difference in prices but all get good reviews. I wouldnt normally look at Dunlop but they do seem to get good ratings for grip and wear and thought maybe they are worth the extra maybe for better mileage.

Last edited:

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
PS4s are £206 fitted for two at ATS Euromaster at the moment, as they're doing free fitting on Michelin tyres.

csx

Mar 13, 2017
Goodyear assy 3s , Just had them on the front of my 184, totally changed the car , wet and dry performance is exceptional compared to the bridgestones.
I tore the bridgestones off after 3500 miles,sold them on - they were driving me mad !! :)
My last 184 had the conti sport 5s on -which were ok,but I have to say - the goody goodies seem better- what there mileage will be like remains to be seen.
Thats probably the best on your list - but Im sure other people have there opinion ! :D

mdaw1985

Aug 3, 2008
St.Leonards, East Sussex
103 each for ps4's are a very good price for those. Are they worth the extra 36 pounds for two over my current yokohama's? Makes it 170 vs 206 for two. will I get the extra mileage out of them to make it worth it?

Count Drunkula

Jul 12, 2017
Out of 1s you've listed Sport Maxx RT2

But I'd spend more of my money on pilot sport 4S or continental sport contact 5P

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
V105s for me, have them on all four corners on a Mk2. failing that the RT's.

I just cant justify the extra on any Mich. in case I get a puncher which could scrap the tyre and the fact they let go in the wet without any warning..

Kamei

Dec 3, 2016
Singapore
PS4S. Two track day sessions at Sepang Circuit have done and still fine for the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dt-spd

Sep 1, 2015
Rugby
I recommend Michelin Pilot Sport 4 , I have a set on my Leon in 225/40R18 size and the grip is fantastic. I also don't drive anywhere near the car's limit but the Pilot Sport 4 give so much grip and therefore confidence compared to the Bridgestones my car came with.

The Pilot Sport 4s recommended by others is only available in 19" upwards

Orguss

Jul 3, 2017
Hampshire
I had the Goodyear asymmetric 3's on my GT86 and they worked a treat, plenty of grip in the wet and easy to tell when they were about to let up on grip for some sideways fun.

seventen710

Jul 18, 2012
Hampshire
I have Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on my 184 ST.

I chose these based on the 2016 Auto Express tyre test where they came out on top. They are a revelation compared to the OEM (Bridgestones?) that were fitted before. Lots of grip and no hop / slip on pull away, even or damp and slippery roads. Here is the review:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/91858/michelin-pilot-sport-4-review

I see that they now have the 2017 test available. In this the "Continental ContiPremiumContact 5" came out top, so that would be what I looked at next.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/91856/tyre-reviews-best-car-tyres-2017

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Sepang is south of KL, Malaysia.

There is a SEAT dealer in Singapore if you are wanting to place an overseas order.:clap:

It's not that, I'm based in UK, drive a Seat, but I'm from KL/Singapore, I haven't seen ever any Seat cars there

Last edited: