us style drl

REKLAWG

Sep 10, 2016
is it possible to turn on the us style indicator drl on the mk1 Leon using vagcom I have tried but won't connect to elec conv tab.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

TheE46Dream

Jun 9, 2016
I was thinking of this recently too, interested to see how it looks on the Leon, hopefully someone can answer.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
is it possible to turn on the us style indicator drl on the mk1 Leon using vagcom
Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Exactly, it keeps the turn signal on constantly and flickers as normal when indicating.

Then when you're approaching a junction, at a quick glance or if the car is partially obscured by cyclists, signs etc etc, it could easily look like you're intending to turn when you're not........ If that causes a crash, then your insurance will almost certainly be invalid (unless you intend to tell your insurers that you are wiring your indicators backwards that is)

Add to that that the old bill will constantly pull you over (even if it's not illegal) and it sounds like a bad idea to me.

Last edited:

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Then when you're approaching a junction, at a quick glance or if the car is partially obscured by cyclists, signs etc etc, it could easily look like you're intending to turn when you're not........ If that causes a crash, then your insurance will almost certainly be invalid (unless you intend to tell your insurers that you are wiring your indicators backwards that is)

Add to that that the old bill will constantly pull you over (even if it's not illegal) and it sounds like a bad idea to me.

Mty12345 got a point here. 4 turning signal always on may be confused like hazard/warning lights (even if not blinking). And the cops will always pull you over mistaken with light malfunction.

You should get a bumper of these:
http://media.skandix.de/eimg/2000219.jpg :happy:

TheE46Dream

Jun 9, 2016
Yeah that is true especially for the Leon but on the golf mk5 the turn signal seems to be in a better position to run us lights. I actually seen the us lights on a Leon on google images and its much more noticable than the golf so probably more dangerous.

Last edited:

LCR33

Aug 18, 2014
In a house
Yep. The insurance point is valid guys.you are altering you car beyond the UK law, plus potentially endangering others lives.

Mar 16, 2013
Shrewsbury
just fitted a set of LED DRL's to the indicator lights, when the cars on they're LED DRL's, but when you indicate/use hazards they blink orange.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
US style indicators is an MOT failure too.
Had a Honda from abroad the same. Would have cost plenty to swap them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro