Windows opened by themselves

Bestseany

Jun 30, 2017
Hi

I’ve got a 2017 CUPRA 300 ST and this morning I went out to it and all the windows were wide open!

The doors were still locked and deadlocked and the mirrors were still folded in. I put my hand through the open window but the alarm didn’t go off!

Any ideas? I’m going to phone the dealers tomorrow as it’s obviously a massive security risk.

I remember this happening to my mates Passat B5 back in the day because his convenience module was swimming in water. Can’t see that being the case here though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
Are you sure you haven’t pressed the open button and activated global opening by accident? My mirrors don’t unfold unless I open the door.

Bestseany

Jun 30, 2017
Are you sure you haven’t pressed the open button and activated global opening by accident? My mirrors don’t unfold unless I open the door.

My mirrors unfold as soon as I press unlock.

The doors were still locked and deadlocked. I couldn’t open them from the inside. I’d also have to hold down the unlock for several seconds to open the windows.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
This happened to me on my 2016 Leon, and i was never sure how it happened.

I imagine I had my keys in my pocket and held down the button until all the windows were open, but the car must have either locked itself after a while or I pressed lock. Either way all the windows were down!!!

Bestseany

Jun 30, 2017
I’ve just tested this. Held down the unlock button and left it. The doors locked themselves again after 30 secs and mirrors folded back on on their own, but the windows stayed open. Maybe it was an accident after all. Hope so!

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I’ve just tested this. Held down the unlock button and left it. The doors locked themselves again after 30 secs and mirrors folded back on on their own, but the windows stayed open. Maybe it was an accident after all. Hope so!

I was also going to try this as I suspected this might have been what happened but you’ve saved me the trouble!

It’s surprisingly easy to accidentally press the buttons on the key fob when the key is in your jeans/trousers pocket. I was cleaning my car last week and the central locking started going crazy. The cause? It was me inadvertently putting pressure on the key fob buttons (key was in my pocket).

Reactions: LouG

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
You can turn the setting off on the car settings screen on the infotainment centre. It will prevent it from happening again.

Joee

May 29, 2017

Done the exact same thing last week and came down in the morning to find the windows open and it had been raining all night thankfully it’s in a Drive way and nothing had been taken. Had to get the wet vac out

CUPRoAr

Oct 7, 2017
Done the exact same thing last week and came down in the morning to find the windows open and it had been raining all night thankfully it’s in a Drive way and nothing had been taken. Had to get the wet vac out

Did just the wet vac work? Would be worried about mould if it had been raining all night. Had an old car where the sunroof leaked and it ruined the carpet and insulation in the footwells despite my best efforts to dry it out.

Joee

May 29, 2017
Did just the wet vac work? Would be worried about mould if it had been raining all night. Had an old car where the sunroof leaked and it ruined the carpet and insulation in the footwells despite my best efforts to dry it out.

Yeah mate got it practically dry to the touch. Thankfully the rain seemed to be coming straight down so only caught the edge of the seats and carpets. Flung a dehumidifier in it for a couple of hours as well when I got back from work so should be good fingers crossed

weasley

May 19, 2017
South Oxfordshire
I have seen this same behaviour reported on various VAG forums - Skoda, Audi and now SEAT. And always when it's raining. It happened to my Audi A1 once too - no chance it was an accidental bum-press of the key - it was only one window down. I think there's something to this.

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England

Of course! I’d forgotten that if you don’t open a door within a minute of unlocking, it relocks itself. I’m sure this will be an accidental activation of global opening
For those with obd11 and bad experience with the above and rain, I believe there is a setting you can activate that closes open windows if it rains (obviously you need auto wipers for this to work)

CUPRoAr

Oct 7, 2017
I have seen this same behaviour reported on various VAG forums - Skoda, Audi and now SEAT. And always when it's raining. It happened to my Audi A1 once too - no chance it was an accidental bum-press of the key - it was only one window down. I think there's something to this.

Of course! I’d forgotten that if you don’t open a door within a minute of unlocking, it relocks itself. I’m sure this will be an accidental activation of global opening
For those with obd11 and bad experience with the above and rain, I believe there is a setting you can activate that closes open windows if it rains (obviously you need auto wipers for this to work)

Wonder if its a glitch with the rain sensing system if this can be linked to the window controls.

Looie

Apr 26, 2016
Harlow, Essex
Had this happen a number of times to me when I had my Octavia VRS - had to get the dealer to code out that function from the key - so when I bought my Leon FR, one of the first things I got the salesman to do was to do the same.......... he did it sat in the car playing with the switches, but no idea what he did.......... but it worked and I've never had the problem with the Leon - so go talk to your dealer!