Options affecting Leon lead times

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
It’s a long wait, a frustratingly long wait, but I think it’s worth waiting for. Had a chat with the salesman at my dealer this afternoon, and he was saying that there’s dates and stuff all over the place at the moment. Almost as if it’s random. Luke’s spreadsheet may back that up.

Even getting demos is becoming an issue, and the 150tsi backlog has become such a ‘thing’ that SEAT are keen to get orders for the 125tsi - but the tendancy is that if you’re looking at an FR 1.4 then you’ll be looking at a 150, not the 125. Dealer hands are tied and they know just about as much (if not less) than anyone else. Majority of people won’t mind hanging on but the lack of info is the main problem. :shrug:

But I can confirm it IS worth hanging on for. Today, SIX MONTHS after order - to the day - this arrived:

066_CC2_F4_5379_418_D_A33_F_D8_CCE7_C781_D7.jpg

I think if you are able to hang on, there’s nothing else as good in terms of looks or value for £. :)

That looks awesome! Same colour as what I’ve ordered.

I spoke to SEAT again yesterday, my unconfirmed date has now slipped to week 49 . So I’ve gone from week 44, to week 48 then back to week 46 now I’m at week 49. Who knows which week it’ll be.

They are currently confirming orders for week 47, hence why FNeves has bee confirmed.

I expressed my frustration at the whole issue and the guy on the phone has escalated it but opening a case which will trigger a customer service manager to call me Monday/Tuesday. He mentioned stuff like goodwill etc. Maybe pushing my luck but I’m going to see if they’ll pop a set of 18s on instead of the standard 17s, keeps me happy and if the 17s are delaying things it may sort the delay out as well. We shall see, I’ll keep you all updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
@ Luke - hopefully that week doesn't move backwards any more!

If you're speaking to SEAT re goodwill, may I suggest the spoiler and skirts? - they deffo add a bit of wow factor :)

d7lan

Oct 2, 2017
That looks awesome! Same colour as what I’ve ordered.

I spoke to SEAT again yesterday, my unconfirmed date has now slipped to week 49 . So I’ve gone from week 44, to week 48 then back to week 46 now I’m at week 49. Who knows which week it’ll be.

They are currently confirming orders for week 47, hence why FNeves has bee confirmed.

I expressed my frustration at the whole issue and the guy on the phone has escalated it but opening a case which will trigger a customer service manager to call me Monday/Tuesday. He mentioned stuff like goodwill etc. Maybe pushing my luck but I’m going to see if they’ll pop a set of 18s on instead of the standard 17s, keeps me happy and if the 17s are delaying things it may sort the delay out as well. We shall see, I’ll keep you all updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That bodes well for my weekly update from the dealer tomorrow :(

If they’re offering goodwill I’ll be wanting a temporary car to tide me over until the Leon eventually arrives. I suspect goodwill in the form of optional extras will be more easy to get, but a set of larger wheels won’t help when I’m carless for 2 months haha

Last edited:

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
I’m test driving a Golf GTD this week to give myself a backup plan if SEAT don’t get their act together and fix my build week. There are GTDs in stock for lease that I could have in two weeks time.

I’ll be on to Seat UK tomorrow, again, to try and sort this wait time out. It isn’t acceptable to quote 22-24 weeks, but build the car 25 weeks after order - and have several weeks on top of that for delivery.

Zippy

Jul 4, 2017
Spoke to dealer today and my car is down to be built week commencing 13th November and I should have it on 6th December.

The reason I phoned the dealer could be important to anyone else who has ordered via Motability.

The car was put on the Motability system as due to be be delivered on 27th October but the obviously wasn't.

The salesman hadn't changed the date and my current Motability car is now showing as uninsured on the AskMid database.

Dealer has, today, amended the date so I'll need to be onto RSA tomorrow to get them to update AskMid asap.

I'd advise anyone that is in a similar situation to check AskMid before you get stopped!

flett

May 16, 2015
Spoke to dealer today and my car is down to be built week commencing 13th November and I should have it on 6th December.

The reason I phoned the dealer could be important to anyone else who has ordered via Motability.

The car was put on the Motability system as due to be be delivered on 27th October but the obviously wasn't.

The salesman hadn't changed the date and my current Motability car is now showing as uninsured on the AskMid database.

Dealer has, today, amended the date so I'll need to be onto RSA tomorrow to get them to update AskMid asap.

I'd advise anyone that is in a similar situation to check AskMid before you get stopped!

Thanks Zippy, I just checked my current car is still insured and thankfully it is. When and what did you order? My car was due for delivery anytime now on the paperwork so will keep an eye on the insurance.

flett

May 16, 2015
flett,

Ordered a Leon ST 1.8 tsi FR Tech dsg in late July.

You are doing better than me then, ordered 1.8 Fr dsg 5dr on 5th July and no build date or news yet. Will be contacting dealer during this week and if he still has no news for us will probably cancel and look for something else from stock or quick delivery.

Par

Mar 22, 2004
Fife
More info for the spreadsheet if it is still going:-

Cupra SC 300 DSG
Ordered 13th July
Arrived at port 9th Oct
Picked up 28th Oct

So just under 16 weeks if my maths is right. Hats off to IMG SEAT as my local dealer were quoting 24 weeks.

_chris_

Jul 6, 2008
in the car
More info for the spreadsheet if it is still going:-

Cupra SC 300 DSG
Ordered 13th July
Arrived at port 9th Oct
Picked up 28th Oct

So just under 16 weeks if my maths is right. Hats off to IMG SEAT as my local dealer were quoting 24 weeks.

What colour have you got? Wish mine came that quick ordered my cupra sc week after you and have no build week yet. :cry:

Par

Mar 22, 2004
Fife
What colour have you got? Wish mine came that quick ordered my cupra sc week after you and have no build week yet. :cry:

Went for Monsoon this time as my previous 280 was Black.

Adam at IMG did advise there was a risk of leadtimes increasing if I hesitated over ordering when discussing with him and this wasnt a pressure tactic. Glad I listened to him and very impressed with IMG as they do seem to have their finger on the pulse.

Sonofzelda

What the covfefe!
Sep 25, 2016
Rugby
I've heard that SEAT are switching production to armoured cars. They've promised to honour all current orders but they'll all come in Olive Drab. :rifle:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.