Oil Filter Tool

Hughsey

Jan 23, 2016
No idea what splash and dash means haha, luckily my friend has ramps etc so we will sort out at the weekend. Thanks for your help! Looks like a bit of a pain in the ass regarding removing the oil filter! Oh well, all good experience anyway.
If you have a ramp you'll be good mate. You shoud be able to get the the sump plug to drain oil once bottom cover off
The Oil filter is an easy fit
I put 4.5litres of new oil in mine and was just about right. Not sure on the diesel

salsajoe

Apr 12, 2017
Yorkshire
No idea what splash and dash means haha, luckily my friend has ramps etc so we will sort out at the weekend. Thanks for your help! Looks like a bit of a pain in the ass regarding removing the oil filter! Oh well, all good experience anyway.

Had the same problem with my 2016 150bhp - thought it would be an easy job. Fortunately had ramps and correct star and torx tools but it is still a pain compared with previous cars. Oil drain via the sump plug is much better than pumping as you get rid of most of the crud in the sump. I put a new sump plug on as not easy to see any oil leaks with the under engine guard in place.

cupra14

Aug 31, 2017
England
Did you buy some timed access ?

Just to find out what's available and what it would cost? For the most basic of info re servicing etc?

No, I didn't pay, just as I wouldn't pay to look at a menu in a restaurant.

At the very least it ought to be easy - and free - to find what you'd need to read/download and then decide whether to pay.

Is it not like that? (Other car makers tend to be.)

Last edited:

Dt-spd

Sep 1, 2015
Rugby
Just to find out what's available and what it would cost? For the most basic of info re servicing etc?

No, I didn't pay, just as I wouldn't pay to look at a menu in a restaurant.

At the very least it ought to be easy - and free - to find what you'd need to read/download and then decide whether to pay.

Is it not like that? (Other car makers tend to be.)
Sadly I dont think there is much free technical info. I paid for an hour (about €8 I think) and downloaded almost everything I will ever need.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

cupra14

Aug 31, 2017
England
Doesn't sound worth any effort then. Whatever are Seat thinking?

Offer me stuff I want and I'll pay. Hide it or cheat me... no thanks.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.