Cupra 300 5dr or ST?

Dyno2012

Nov 4, 2017
Hello all

I'm on the verge on taking out a personal lease.

I was looking for a 5 door, rather than a ST with its extra weight as I don't need the extra space (though do want 5 doors).

The deal I've found has the FWD ST at a few pounds a month cheaper than the 5 door. Which is tempting.

Has anyone driven both 5 door and FWD ST and can say whether 5 door was appreciably more agile?

I know there's not a whole lot of difference in performance numbers but the ST is 45Kg heavier, which is a chunk, and the whole idea is to scratch an itch for a properly quick car after many years in diesels so want it to have as much go as possible for money.

Many thanks in advance.

Dyno2012

Nov 4, 2017
Thanks for reply. Yes, there's a FWD version in UK. A couple of tenths slower to 60 than 5 door.

Looks always subjective but I think the ST looks great. Mind you, so does the 5 door!

TallTom

Oct 16, 2017
I ordered the manual st as I have lots of stuff. Otherwise I must say the 5 door looks excellent! If it’s cheaper to get the ST then it’s probably a no brainer. Fast estates are always cool!

Count Drunkula

Jul 12, 2017
When you say FWD are you meaning four wheel drive or front wheel drive .

As like others I was under the impression all 300 ST were 4motion

Dyno2012

Nov 4, 2017
Front wheel drive. There is a variant of ST which is 2 wheel drive and manual.

DaveHowe

Dave
Sep 15, 2017
ive had my FWD ST for 2 weeks now - love it. It's great.
I prefer the looks of the ST over the 5 door - if you need a bit extra room id say go for it. I thought the difference in 0-60 was only 1 tenth - probably in real world wont be able to notice - through the gears the performance is excellent.

Bestseany

Jun 30, 2017
I personally think the ST looks better but I am biased as I have one

The ST drives great and doesn’t feel heavy at all. I’d recommend it just for the practicality. I fit my new 55” tv in the boot easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dyno2012

Nov 4, 2017
Thanks the replies. I've missed the deals that were around I see, so will have to wait for some to come out again anyway!

Dyno2012

Nov 4, 2017
Just to say deal was honoured so ordered. Went for ST after lots of toing and froing in mind. Thought I might as well as cheaper and there is something about quick estates.

Now joining the list of those of you waiting. Should get the new digital cockpit though assuming delivery is 4-5 months away as expected. Thanks again for replies.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.