Bestseany

Jun 30, 2017
Hi

There’s a few settings I want to change on my Cupra 300:

- chirp on lock/unlock
- rear DRLs
- mirror fold on single press of remote
- disable seatbelt chime

I bought a Carista dongle and used the app but it doesn’t have many mods for mine and none of the ones I want.

ODB11 is no good as I have an iPhone and VCDS is too expensive for relatively small changes.

Are there any other options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
I have just done three of these changes using Carista albeit on android but as far as I am aware Carista should work with iphone as well. I changed chirp on lock/unlock single press for mirror fold as well as disable seat belt warning( which I put back on again) and needle sweep on start up. I am still experimenting with it to see what else it can do.

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
The*Carista*adapter is open and compatible not only with the*Carista*app, but also with a multitude of third-party apps that offer various different features on both Android andiOS. Our adapter*works*with all ELM327-compatible apps on Android.28 Apr 2017

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Have you considered getting a cheap android tablet to use with OBD11? This is what a Golf R owner (an Apple user) on one of the VW forums did to get around the issue of their phone being incompatible with OBD11.

Bestseany

Jun 30, 2017
What type of Leon have you got?

I saw needle sweep but it’s already enabled as it’s a Cupra.

I couldn’t see chirp or single press fold.

Bestseany

Jun 30, 2017
Have you considered getting a cheap android tablet to use with OBD11? This is what a Golf R owner (an Apple user) on one of the VW forums did to get around the issue of their phone being incompatible with OBD11.

Yeah I thought about that. Would I be able to use the Carista dongle with it? It’s fully ELM compatible apparently.

Bestseany

Jun 30, 2017
It is definately in the carista menu see this video on youtube it is maybe explained in there albeit it is a bmw but think menus are all similar. https://youtu.be/3K0rP6p1bKs

I checked all the options and there weren’t many options under the first category (doors etc). What model of Leon have you got? Maybe the app just isn’t that good on the Cupra.

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
I checked all the options and there weren’t many options under the first category (doors etc). What model of Leon have you got? Maybe the app just isn’t that good on the Cupra.

I have the 1.4 tsi se see my signature.Also see the answer above. Says beep when locking with remote iirc.

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

Yeah I thought about that. Would I be able to use the Carista dongle with it? It’s fully ELM compatible apparently.

No OBD11 and VCDS (From memory) Both have custom dongles that are not compatible with any other app.

Bestseany

Jun 30, 2017
I checked my car on the website before I bought it. It does list most options but does say its listing options for an Audi A3 which is similar. Not similar enough though it would seem!

Deleted member 103408

Hi

There’s a few settings I want to change on my Cupra 300:

- chirp on lock/unlock
- rear DRLs
- mirror fold on single press of remote
- disable seatbelt chime

I bought a Carista dongle and used the app but it doesn’t have many mods for mine and none of the ones I want.

ODB11 is no good as I have an iPhone and VCDS is too expensive for relatively small changes.

Are there any other options?

Sounds like you need to an Android device to run Carista (odd it does better on android than ios) or OBD11 (Which I think is better based on how much I have done with it)

So as I see it your options are

1/ You can add android to your iphone https://www.pcworld.com/article/196595/how_to_install_android_on_your_iphone.html

2/ You can buy a cheap android phone / tablet (This is option I would go for)

3/ You can add android to your windows pc https://www.howtogeek.com/179691/4-ways-to-run-android-on-your-pc-and-make-your-own-dual-os-system/

or you can find a better IOS device that does what you want (so far I have not seen one)

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
I checked my car on the website before I bought it. It does list most options but does say its listing options for an Audi A3 which is similar. Not similar enough though it would seem!

Where abouts are you?
Maybe somebody local that has VCDS and can make the changes for you ?

Bestseany

Jun 30, 2017
Just thought I’d post an update about this.

I emailed the developers of Carista and it turns out it didn’t work because they hadn’t released an update for the facelift Leon yet.

They gave me access to the beta version and after a bit of testing and various updates, I now have made these changes:

- Chirp on lock/unlock
- Rear DRLs
- Seatbelt chime disable
- Ignition chime disable
- Passenger mirror drop on reverse (can’t remember if I needed Carista for this!)
- Mirror fold on single button press
- Auto window close when raining
- Increased microphone sensitivity

Not bad for £10!

Last edited:

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I'm thinking to do this as well with Carista (but with Ibiza), just for needle sweep, chirp when lock, and turn off those awful cornering fogs.

Wonder if I should download beta version, or pay the £9-£10 week pass.

Was the beta version free or? Should I be cheeky and say I too have the Leon facelift?

Deleted member 103408

I'm thinking to do this as well with Carista (but with Ibiza), just for needle sweep, chirp when lock, and turn off those awful cornering fogs.

Wonder if I should download beta version, or pay the £9-£10 week pass.

Was the beta version free or? Should I be cheeky and say I too have the Leon facelift?

I thought you just went for the Pro Version (and took the one months free trial and cancelled at the end) rather than paying for a weekly pass.

Bestseany

Jun 30, 2017
When you first get the app you get a months free trial anyway.

They have to invite you to use the beta app. The beta is valid for 90 days, although it gets updated quite frequently which resets the counter.

It shouldn’t affect the warranty at all.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.