MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

ukriggers

Desire Cupra ST 4Drive
Jun 19, 2017
Stockport, UK
Mine was delivered today and I'm sooooo impressed. Can't wait to get out this weekend.

Just to let you know, I ordered 21st June and it was delivered 3rd November. It has lots of extras in it.

20171103_122057.jpg

20171103_112328.jpg

20171103_112347.jpg

Last edited:

nbullus

Apr 21, 2017
Interesting that you ordered Emocian Red in July and got it. I ordered in April and was told that I would not get Red as it was being withdrawn. I ordered Ice Silver and Got Urban Silver instead.

Looks lovely in red.

Chrispee

Nov 2, 2017
Interesting that you ordered Emocian Red in July and got it. I ordered in April and was told that I would not get Red as it was being withdrawn. I ordered Ice Silver and Got Urban Silver instead.

Looks lovely in red.

They were still listing Ice Silver on the website and in the brochure when i ordered mine last week. Rang up to a slightly awkward conversation about Urban silver instead which is the colour i went for on my ST. Though wondering if i should have got one of the blue's. With the waiting time i still probably could change my mind with little bother!

The red does look great on these, but I just cant bring myself to drive one personally

ukriggers

Desire Cupra ST 4Drive
Jun 19, 2017
Stockport, UK

Looks lovely in red.

This is Desire Red, a darker metallic red.

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
Lovely car mate, you’re going to have a persistent smile on your face now! Don’t forget to hide your number plate in the pics tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ukriggers

Desire Cupra ST 4Drive
Jun 19, 2017
Stockport, UK
Lovely car mate, you’re going to have a persistent smile on your face now! Don’t forget to hide your number plate in the pics tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for that, I have a smile even before I get in it. Once I'm in it I feel at home.

And I'm changing the plates in the next couple of weeks.

tel99

Jul 29, 2017
Been advised that our car, due 30/11, has been delayed. Now looking at end of December, so about 5 months from order. Tempted to cancel!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RobFR184

Sep 26, 2016
I will put on some pics as soon as I can , the blue is much nicer than I expected and I love the sound in Cupra mode . Very impressed so far

adriaticman

Jan 13, 2008
essex
Build dates coming forward?

Provisional build week now 51. improved from week 9 in last 2 weeks.

Update Yesterday dealer advised build week 3. Seat Customer Services via Brand Support (have link direct with Factory) confirmed firm week 46

Big surprise. Recommend asking Seat direct, Dealer info is not the same

nbullus

Apr 21, 2017
This is Desire Red, a darker metallic red.

WOW - This is Desire Red?

The pictures look nothing like the Desire Red I saw in the flesh. I would have put my house on this being solid Red (and would now be homeless!).

Just goes to show how difficult it is to show the true colour off with a photograph.

Last edited:

nbullus

Apr 21, 2017
I will put on some pics as soon as I can , the blue is much nicer than I expected and I love the sound in Cupra mode . Very impressed so far

Hi Rob,

I have a feeling my 300 is not set up right as others say it sounds great in Cupra mode. Mine sounds lovely and raspy in Sport mode but is quiet as a mouse in Cupra mode. You really have to hammer it to get it to make any sort of grunting noise.

Think people have said its just a sound actuator rather than the engine itself so may be my settings are not set right.

I'll start a thread and ask

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
Hi Rob,

I have a feeling my 300 is not set up right as others say it sounds great in Cupra mode. Mine sounds lovely and raspy in Sport mode but is quiet as a mouse in Cupra mode. You really have to hammer it to get it to make any sort of grunting noise.

Think people have said its just a sound actuator rather than the engine itself so may be my settings are not set right.

I'll start a thread and ask
Perhaps the 300 is different to my 290 but in Cupra mode the slightest dab of throttle at any revs should give an intake style drone. So loud in fact that 90% of people ,including myself, turn it down or even off completely. That is strange that yours is quieter than sport mode.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

RobFR184

Sep 26, 2016
Hi nbullus
I am not sure why you don't hear a difference , on mine you can hear the difference when I change it from sport to Cupra without revving the engine ...." its too loud " says my wife but it sounds great to me , maybe the actuator is switched off in Cupra mode .. I am sure someone will be able to help on here .

ukriggers

Desire Cupra ST 4Drive
Jun 19, 2017
Stockport, UK
WOW - This is Desire Red?

The pictures look nothing like the Desire Red I saw in the flesh. I would have put my house on this being solid Red (and would now be homeless!).

Just goes to show how difficult it is to show the true colour off with a photograph.

I took it to Carttitude in Manchester the other day to have a bit of new car protection. They did a 2 Stage paint correction and using Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light overcoated with EXO Ultra Durable Hydrophobic Coating. The results are stunning. The video from my phone makes the paint look brighter than it really is. It almost looks like solid pillar-box red but it is in-fact the darker, metallic Desire Red. There are no swirls, scratches or any marks, just a glass like finish. Only time will tell if this protection really works. I had the wheels, glass and interior done as well.

BswmDeJONOY

https://youtu.be/BswmDeJONOY

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
I took it to Carttitude in Manchester the other day to have a bit of new car protection. They did a 2 Stage paint correction and using Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light overcoated with EXO Ultra Durable Hydrophobic Coating. The results are stunning. The video from my phone makes the paint look brighter than it really is. It almost looks like solid pillar-box red but it is in-fact the darker, metallic Desire Red. There are no swirls, scratches or any marks, just a glass like finish. Only time will tell if this protection really works. I had the wheels, glass and interior done as well.

BswmDeJONOY

https://youtu.be/BswmDeJONOY

Looks stunning with all the stuff applied. How much did that set you back?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.