Cupra Alloys on FR

hoppus

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Hello!

Going to put some cupra alloys, or some similar sized rims on my 1.8 TSI FR.
Would there be any ride height issues, or will it look fine?
I assume the ride height on the Cupra is the same as the FR?

Cheers

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
Wouldn't know if the ride heights are the same but I have done this today! Fitted the 19" Borbets that are one of the standard sets of Cupra alloys and I think look the business.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

hoppus

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Wouldn't know if the ride heights are the same but I have done this today! Fitted the 19" Borbets that are one of the standard sets of Cupra alloys and I think look the business.

Nice do you have a photo you can attach, would be interested to see :)

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
Not as yet. I'll take some tomorrow when I get a chance. I'd had the 18" performance alloys on my first mk3 fr and but when I got my current leon st fr it came with the standard 17" wheels but then this was offset with the rest of the spec - leather pack. So since then I thought I'd sort the wheels out and when I saw these alloys I thought they'd look the part. The fella selling them is in Lincoln and still has some of the other design - he has the marked as being from sub8 bit more money and would suit other cars but I think the ones I bought suit mine better - they're on eBay and he seemed open to some extent of bargaining. Next thing I'm interested in would be side skirts and rear bumper extension if I can get some for a decent price.

hoppus

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Not as yet. I'll take some tomorrow when I get a chance. I'd had the 18" performance alloys on my first mk3 fr and but when I got my current leon st fr it came with the standard 17" wheels but then this was offset with the rest of the spec - leather pack. So since then I thought I'd sort the wheels out and when I saw these alloys I thought they'd look the part. The fella selling them is in Lincoln and still has some of the other design - he has the marked as being from sub8 bit more money and would suit other cars but I think the ones I bought suit mine better - they're on eBay and he seemed open to some extent of bargaining. Next thing I'm interested in would be side skirts and rear bumper extension if I can get some for a decent price.

Those were the ones I was eyeing up. Sounds like we want to go the same direction, just fitted the cupra spoiler to mine. Wheels and rear bumper next.

Makes me cringe at the thought to drop £1000 on some wheels.:(

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
The wheels I bought off him under a different eBay id were the other design and because they not perfect (couple of kerb marks) cheaper. Those are apparently better condition and he said rarer - not sure if they are but they are nice. I imagine you could haggle him down a bit as I did on the wheels I bought but also I did collect them.

hoppus

Oct 30, 2017
UK
The wheels I bought off him under a different eBay id were the other design and because they not perfect (couple of kerb marks) cheaper. Those are apparently better condition and he said rarer - not sure if they are but they are nice. I imagine you could haggle him down a bit as I did on the wheels I bought but also I did collect them.

Never listen if they say rare on ebay haha.
If they are still there in a month or so i'll probably get them.
Also still got to sell my standard 17" to sell as well. Shame they have 4 brand new tyres on them...

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
Ignoring the fact the car is very much in need of a clean I'd say they really look the part.
74dbf765b92b1d685edb296f5bc791e4.jpg

hoppus

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Ignoring the fact the car is very much in need of a clean I'd say they really look the part.
74dbf765b92b1d685edb296f5bc791e4.jpg

Ahhh those wheels! Looks really good.
I was also eyeing up a set of those refurbished, £800 ish with no tyres.
We will see....

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
Fortunately these came with tyres. Two michelin supersports and two kumho ecsta's. All with decent amounts of tread for less money than that. I'd see what you can to bargain, admittedly mine are not perfect and not returned but then they look the business and I'm not fussed by one or two small kerb marks.

hoppus

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Fortunately these came with tyres. Two michelin supersports and two kumho ecsta's. All with decent amounts of tread for less money than that. I'd see what you can to bargain, admittedly mine are not perfect and not returned but then they look the business and I'm not fussed by one or two small kerb marks.

If they were £600-£700 I would go and get them today, but he seems really reluctant to negotiate.
Oh well, if they are still there after christmas i'll send him the same offer haha.