Apple CarPlay failing

MrDanne

Apr 11, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
My infotaiment system keep randomly crash and reboot itselft from time to time and also when I connect my iPhone via USB it sometime fail to establish a connection which I have to turn off the car and remove the key so the power will shut down and then I can start the car again and the media system will power on and now it will most likely work.

I have the latest updates according to the thread here.

System Information
Device Part Number: 5QA035824A
Hardware: H30
Software: 0359

Is there anyone else who have these kind of issues with their cars?

SO ANNOYING! :censored::censored:

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I have issues with mine - I resolved my Apple car play yesterday just by removing the car from my phone settings and re-adding it. Before this, Apple car play worked 80% of the time up until about 2 weeks ago when it just gave up and displayed ‘Reading USB Device’.

My infotainment system doesn’t crash, but it does forget certain settings and drives me mad. Arguing with Seat now to get the latest update for it but although I’m still within warranty, apparently it’s chargeable.

Seat Leon Cupra 290 DSG Black Edition (Alor Blue)
Performance: Racingline OEM+ Stage Two Mapping | Racingline R600 Intake | Racingline Turbo Inlet Pipe | Racingline Turbo Elbow | Racingline Muffler Delete | OEM NGK Audi RS7 Spark Plugs | 034 Motorsport Dogbone Mount | GFB DV+ | Milltek Large Bore Downpipe | Pipewerx Custom Cat Back Exhaust | Forge Turbo Blanket
Interior: Koonlung K1S Dash Cam with BlackVue Power Magic Pro
Exterior: TRC Front Splitter | Foliatec Exhaust Paint Gloss Black

MrDanne

Apr 11, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I did a factory restore also, but that didn't help :(

Had a iPhone 7 before that I had this issue with and now the iPhone X, same thing. Guessing an update is really needed in this case!

john doe

Sep 11, 2009
Have the same issue as you guys!
Talked to Seat about this and they say there will be an update that we can download a new software this month. So far I can't find it though.
Will still give it a go for them to install a new software

MrDanne

Apr 11, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Talked to Seat about this and they say there will be an update that we can download a new software this month. So far I can't find it though.

Does Seat have a download site for this? Havn't found one.
But still have warranty on my car so I can just ask them to update. Looking forward to that update!

john doe

Sep 11, 2009
Does Seat have a download site for this? Havn't found one.
But still have warranty on my car so I can just ask them to update. Looking forward to that update!

Apperantly they have. This info Came from Skoda, and I will get back to them as well as even I have warrenty on my car. They say that they normally don't upgrade software, but since i recorded my way of connecting to Apple CarPlay They couldnt avoid it:) 3 min video!

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
I had it fail to connect once with my 6 and now once with my x in just over a year.
In each case I have closed all open apps on phone and rebooted and next time it has connected ok. The 6 occasionally put a message on screen saying not compatible with this MIB device but was connected and working.

MrDanne

Apr 11, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
There is indeed some kind of software update page at seat homepage, but it seem to be for older media systems or something...

Funny that I am not allowed to add the link... but it is in the menu and Owners - Your Seat

MrDanne

Apr 11, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden

Have you heard anything if an update has been released?

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Have you heard anything if an update has been released?

Had my car in at the dealer on monday for issues with the applecar play not connecting, bluetooth not connecting and navigation stuck on 'checking navigation data'

They claimed to have done a software update however, my car is still having the same issues which the dealer dont see as issues as no fault codes show up, even though I have the issues caught on camera? :wtf:

My software after newest update is showing as 0462 on my car system info

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
Same for me, some days it works fine, other days it can't connect to the iphone (7), some days it doesn't even notices when I plug in the phone. Sucks big time. I've asked my dealer several times for updates but they claim that there is none. I bought the newer version from the guy here at the forum and it seemed to work fine for like a month but now it is back to being crap shitjunk.

MIB2 with 6,5", HW: H24, SW: was 0245, now 0346. Car is a 2016 280 but built late 2015.

MrDanne

Apr 11, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Same for me, some days it works fine, other days it can't connect to the iphone (7), some days it doesn't even notices when I plug in the phone. Sucks big time. I've asked my dealer several times for updates but they claim that there is none. I bought the newer version from the guy here at the forum and it seemed to work fine for like a month but now it is back to being crap shitjunk.

MIB2 with 6,5", HW: H24, SW: was 0245, now 0346. Car is a 2016 280 but built late 2015.

I just left my car at Seat Upplands Väsby... Guess the best way to solve this is to actually hand them the car so they can take info and maybe solve this problem... Luckily I have warranty :) So I'll keep bugging them until I have it fixed.

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
I just left my car at Seat Upplands Väsby... Guess the best way to solve this is to actually hand them the car so they can take info and maybe solve this problem... Luckily I have warranty :) So I'll keep bugging them until I have it fixed.

"MrDanne has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs

I keep going round in circles with Seat about this. My car is in warranty, and it seems that depending on who I speak to at the local stealer, it is a warranty covered upgrade or it is a chargeable upgrade because there’s nothing wrong with the unit itself and they just blame Apple.

Luckily, since upgrading my phone to the latest iOS, and deleting the Apple car play sync from my phone and repairing, it’s never failed since. But I still want the update on my system to get little bugs fixed like settings reverting back to default...

Performance: Racingline OEM+ Stage Two Mapping | Racingline R600 Intake | Racingline Turbo Inlet Pipe | Racingline Turbo Elbow | Racingline Muffler Delete | OEM NGK Audi RS7 Spark Plugs | 034 Motorsport Dogbone Mount | GFB DV+ | Milltek Large Bore Downpipe | Pipewerx Custom Cat Back Exhaust | Forge Turbo Blanket

MrDanne

Apr 11, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I keep going round in circles with Seat about this. My car is in warranty, and it seems that depending on who I speak to at the local stealer, it is a warranty covered upgrade or it is a chargeable upgrade because there’s nothing wrong with the unit itself and they just blame Apple.

Luckily, since upgrading my phone to the latest iOS, and deleting the Apple car play sync from my phone and repairing, it’s never failed since. But I still want the update on my system to get little bugs fixed like settings reverting back to default...

I hope have better luck with this. [B)]
They can blame Apple as much as they want, it is most likely the issue is in the media device. Otherwise the device shouldn't suddenly crash and reboot as it does for me sometimes.

Got a text that the car is ready to pick up... I bet they havn't done more than a factory restore... ;)

Last edited:

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
They all say its the phone but I've tried multiple phones and because the issue is intermittent the dealership just say the technician tried his phone and it worked. Well yes because INTERMITTENT means sometimes it does work perfect sometimes it doesn't, very frustrating.

MrDanne

Apr 11, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Not much was done by the shop... They reported the issue back to Seat and all we can do is to wait for Seat to release an software update to fix this.

To be continued! ;)

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
Hate to say I told you so ;)

Now it has gone to the point that almost every time I get in the car and CarPlay is succesfully connected I still don't get any sound out from e.g. Spotify - but I've found out that a phonecall sets the audio output straight so now I have a **** load of phonecalls of 1 second to my voice mail...