Can you fit the wireless charger from the Ateca

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
I would think it would be easier to just by a wireless charging pad and put that in the cubby hole under the aircon controls?

bleedsoff

Sep 30, 2015
I would think it would be easier to just by a wireless charging pad and put that in the cubby hole under the aircon controls?

For certain it would. Was only wondering as interior look pretty identical.

sunny99

Feb 28, 2017
Stone, Staffordshire
Well I've just seen the latest tv advert and it boasts the wireless charger on the leon so its on the latest models. Would like to know if it can be retro fitted. I have full link so not for me but interested eitherway

john doe

Sep 11, 2009
There's a video on youtube regarding this.
Someone did this even though it's a crappy vid.
Thought about it as well but don't really know where to lead the cables..

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
very handy thing to have.
a few times my phones nearly died and ive just popped it in the tray.
the only thing I had to do was upgrade my phone to the galaxy s6 as it didn't work with my old s5.
didn't pay for the charger thing either lol!!!
I think the dealer gave me a car with it already specced beacause I didn't ask for it,but the car was a cancellation order so whoever ordered it first must have asked for it.

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
For charger retrofit you need this part:

0928102dd5ea2c000e93225f4343c9c9.jpg

Price is about EUR 250.

john doe

Sep 11, 2009
It should be possible to fit a wireless adapter in the compartment and use an USB cord to the glovebox right?
Think I've seen this somewere..

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Yeah very easy. I followed the Diy dashcam thread for making the new usb then you just run the lead behind the glove box and into the centre console (lower the glove box and remove the lower centre console trim in the passenger footwell). If you remove the rubber pad in the cubby hole there's some gaps to run the cable through.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Looking good Damo. Are you going to back light the Seat Emblem?
Nah, would be a distraction, but there are 2 possible designs being done to test out how the glow from the LED will work. One will be a direct fibre link (as now) which I know works. The other design will be much more subtle and cooler. But may lead to a tweak to further enhance it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise