Well it's goodbye from me........

concerned cat

Nov 30, 2014
Huddersfield UK
Title says it all. I have a new A4 Avant 2.0 Ultima Sport arriving Monday. I'll miss my Leon. It's been a great car. I'll also miss this forum. The information shared has been nothing short of fabulous & there's a complete lack of trolling or backbiting. Do your best to keep it so! :) Thankyou all. (There's a pedal box for sale in appropriate section too.)

Last edited:

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
Bye lads, drop in and say hi occasionally. This oldie isn’t going anywhere for the foreseeable future so I’ll keep the home fires burning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Any reason why you don't need a car until April ?

Andy

I have a work van that I use Monday - Friday and the Mrs has a Corsa that we could use on the weekends. Her Corsa is going back in April so we’ll then get the BM to share. For the last 9 months the Leon had barely been used so it was just costing money to have on the driveway.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I bet some of you will go a way and come back!! I have come and gone twice since 2003 in a MK1 Leon Cupra to BMW Audi, Merc and BMW, then back to SEAT for a MKII FL Leon FR, then back to BMW, VW and Vauxhall. Now coming back to a MKIII FL SEAT Leon again as our second car.

Once bitten by the SEAT bug, you never truly leave... :D

I have always lost the least amount of money on my Leons, had the most fun, and got the best deals - strangely :confused:

Worst for depreciation was a Merc C200K Advantgarde Sport :cry:

Last edited:

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Maybe it’s a bit off-topic but it always surprises me when people leave Seat (a very good hit cheaper brand) and then manage to afford Audi,BMW etc. and then somehow come back to Seat. I myself can’t see me getting another MK3 Leon due to the waiting times etc. Currently looking at Ibiza instead if I was to get a pricier marque it would be a lower spec/engine model that I wouldn’t like as much.

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Maybe it’s a bit off-topic but it always surprises me when people leave Seat (a very good hit cheaper brand) and then manage to afford Audi,BMW etc. and then somehow come back to Seat. I myself can’t see me getting another MK3 Leon due to the waiting times etc. Currently looking at Ibiza instead if I was to get a pricier marque it would be a lower spec/engine model that I wouldn’t like as much.

BMW actually give great discounts. Especially if you go to Tony Lewis in Heathrow BMW. I could get a standard M140i Shadow edition for the same as I was paying for my Leon FR 184

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby

Deals, deals, deals, you do get some great offers on Audi and BMW, however, I don't really find the current crop of BMW's pretty and build quality is not what it was either. SEAT have come a long way and step between a Golf, Audi and Leon and you do wonder what you are paying extra for... Driving similarities are also to be found and the step in terms of build quality is much closer than it once was.

This current new Leon should have been 17.5K, I got it for just over 12K, decent spec and good looking car for the wonga. I am no badge snob either, BMW and Audi are more mass market these days, abit premium but both end up in the top ten seller list, so you are not really paying for exclusivity you once were. New Ibiza and Arona are all very nice cars, my wife would like a Q2 this time around though, when the Tig gets chopped next year...

Last edited:

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
:wave: Safe travels, from another original (but less active) MK3 'oldie'.

Jezy - I left SEAT once, in 2007, and took a trip to Honda, then Mazda, but I came back in 2013. That 07-13 period was when SEAT just had too many bubble shaped cars for my liking (Arosa, mk2 Leon, Ibiza). The mk3 Leon hauled me back!

Cat & Spd - Audi is still VAG so you're just moving across the road ;)

CK, SEAT is VAG, which is German, and BMW are German, so you're moving one street over (too tenuous a link? :ban:) Hope you enjoy the beemer :)

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
:wave: Safe travels, from another original (but less active) MK3 'oldie'.

Jezy - I left SEAT once, in 2007, and took a trip to Honda, then Mazda, but I came back in 2013. That 07-13 period was when SEAT just had too many bubble shaped cars for my liking (Arosa, mk2 Leon, Ibiza). The mk3 Leon hauled me back!

Cat & Spd - Audi is still VAG so you're just moving across the road ;)

CK, SEAT is VAG, which is German, and BMW are German, so you're moving one street over (too tenuous a link? :ban:) Hope you enjoy the beemer :)

I’m fully aware of SEAT being German. I’m not moving because of the quality. I just fancied something different. I test drove the Golf R and it left me feeling very underwhelmed. I did fancy an S3 but they are over my budget so I test drove the m140i and was left wanting one. So that’s why I’m ordering one.

Deleted member 103408

Bye lads, drop in and say hi occasionally. This oldie isn’t going anywhere for the foreseeable future so I’ll keep the home fires burning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me to I own my own car and see no point in changing as it does everything i want.
Just got three things to save up for (sportier rear defuser, Stage 2 or 3 upgrade and a replacement info unit that supports the car and android).

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.