Proximity sensor for infotainment screen?

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
Not sure if I have a fault or not.

2017 FL Leon ST

I have to press the infotainment screen to wake it up, particularly irritating when using the sat nav, since they did away with the zoom wheel!

On the golf I had previously, approaching the screen with your finger woke the screen and all the menus came up. Everything was a single press. Now its two presses.

I found a setting to turn proximity sensor on/off in the settings. It makes no difference whether the setting is turned on or off.

So do I have a fault or is it something not present on the leon? :shrug::help:

Thanks

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site
Not sure if I have a fault or not.

2017 FL Leon ST

I have to press the infotainment screen to wake it up, particularly irritating when using the sat nav, since they did away with the zoom wheel!

On the golf I had previously, approaching the screen with your finger woke the screen and all the menus came up. Everything was a single press. Now its two presses.

I found a setting to turn proximity sensor on/off in the settings. It makes no difference whether the setting is turned on or off.

So do I have a fault or is it something not present on the leon? :shrug::help:

Thanks

The MY17 leon with the larger 8" screen has the proximity sensor removed.

Last edited:

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Mine has proximity in my17 fr.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Radios with two knobs and buttons down either side of the screen have the proximity sensor.
The newer 8" screen has only 2 buttons and 1 knob, all the left hand side, with no proximity sensor.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.