New maf help

Lockey99

Oct 10, 2017
Hi all, took a trip out to bills at badger5 for stage 1 tune couple days ago.....whole experience was superb and as many have said their services and the guys in general are superb....car drives like a dream and pulls so hard and smooth. Couple of problems were found....main one was a weak fuel pump which luckily was sorted there and then....the other was a slightly under-reading maf (looks like it's on the way out) so advised to renew. Problem I have is trying to find a genuine correct one for my car (05 lcr).....only one which looks promising is one on eBay apparently brand new from bosch part no. 0280218065 for £116......can anyone confirm this is the right one?....heard so many people buying the wrong part no. And having no joy. I have looked all over Google etc but struggle to find any 100% in stone answers lol. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Hi all, took a trip out to bills at badger5 for stage 1 tune couple days ago.....whole experience was superb and as many have said their services and the guys in general are superb....car drives like a dream and pulls so hard and smooth. Couple of problems were found....main one was a weak fuel pump which luckily was sorted there and then....the other was a slightly under-reading maf (looks like it's on the way out) so advised to renew. Problem I have is trying to find a genuine correct one for my car (05 lcr).....only one which looks promising is one on eBay apparently brand new from bosch part no. 0280218065 for £116......can anyone confirm this is the right one?....heard so many people buying the wrong part no. And having no joy. I have looked all over Google etc but struggle to find any 100% in stone answers lol. Thanks in advance

avoid ebay dude.
get one from your local GSF (not euro)
thats the ones I use.
Genuine Bosch only

Lockey99

Oct 10, 2017
Brill thanks will do , thanks again for the super job u did. Another very happy customer

paulos44

Mar 11, 2013
Warwickshire
What's wrong with ecp ? I got a genuine Bosch remanufactured one in a Bosch box with security seal for a tad over £60...

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
Before you go buying one it will be no harm to try cleaning it but do not touch the resistor wires, only use electrical contact cleaner, or carb cleaner at a push.

If the wires have become dirty that can create a barrier to correctly reading the air flow.

If it works it has cost you a can of cleaner, if not you're just back to buying a new maf.

Lockey99

Oct 10, 2017
It seems that some people have issues with euro car parts....iv heard this from bill himself and also a friend of mine had a cupra (180) had a bad maf from them.....does seem gsf have less reported issues....god knows why though. I probably should have tried cleaning the old one (original the car was made with).....tbh wasn't making car run too poorly but It did seem rougher some days than others on idle and transitioning onto boost round the 2.5/3k rev area.....suspisions were confirmed by Bill who found it to be under reading. Fitted new one couple days ago and can feel a difference...much smoother lower revs and idle is steady as a rock at all times :)

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
i thought ecp and gsf were the same company?

No, ECP is owned by LKQ Corporation. The guy who owned it sold it to them for about £250 million.

I think GSF is still owned by the founders.

Personally I prefer ECP, more branches, open longer and a better customer service attitude. Their choice in parts suppliers is often wider.

However I think they pay poorly and staff are under much pressure to hit targets.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise