Seat Sound System

Dougiebabe

Sep 14, 2016
Evening all,

Having a few issues with the sound system in my Leon MK3 13 plate and wondering if anyone has had similar issues or where to look to maybe find the gremlin.

The issue is zero sound out of the front left hand side, nothing out of the tweeter or the cone. I've had the door card and A pillar off today in the hope that it was a loose cable but no joy, all plugged in.

I unplugged the cone and when plugging back in get a pop out of the cone, and I think the tweeter, and then nothing again.

I've put a multi meter across the cone connectors and measured 6.5v, that isn't right is it?

I'm not sure where else to look now and wonder if someone else might be able to shed some light on it.

I have the Seat Sound System with the sub and middle speaker in the dash, reading around this comes with an AMP(?) but not sure where to find this to check it. Also do they come with crossovers or do the tweeters/cones run back to AMP/Headunit separately?

Cheers,

Doug

Dougiebabe

Sep 14, 2016
Borrowed some release clips for the headunit so going to try and pull that tomorrow and see if anything is looking dodgy behind there.

Does anyone have any information about the sound system and if a separate amp is used with the upgraded sound system?

Cheers,

Doug

Dougiebabe

Sep 14, 2016
Excellent, cheers!

Looks like I'll be working late most of this week so hopefully get to this on the weekend.

Will feedback with any info.

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
The amp is inside of glovebox? anyone have a photo or something, this is very strange.

Jun 1, 2023
Hi,
Obviously I see that this post is a from 2017, but I wonder if anyone has found a solution to this problem?
I'm currently experiencing a similar problem: Seat Leon FR 2013 mk3 with Seat sound system, no sound from drivers mid/bass driver and the same on both rear mid/bass drivers. The center dashboard speaker works, all four tweeters are working, passenger mid/low driver is working, subwoofer is working.
It seems too unlikely that on all of those the cables might've gone off so is there a chance for it to be the connector pin which is connected to the unit in the glove box?
Kind regards, Julian