LED Headlight Levelling

digitalmadness

Oct 20, 2017
Over the past week sometimes when I start the car the right headlight doesn’t raise to the correct level when it does the “levelling test” (moves all the way down and back up) and will get stuck at the lowest position.

Is this a case of replacing the levelling motor? Or what do I need to do to stop this phenomenon?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Over the past week sometimes when I start the car the right headlight doesn’t raise to the correct level when it does the “levelling test” (moves all the way down and back up) and will get stuck at the lowest position.

Is this a case of replacing the levelling motor? Or what do I need to do to stop this phenomenon?

Thanks!

It's a known issue with SEAT - if the car is under warranty - take a video of it doing it and the headlight/levelling motor will be replaced.

digitalmadness

Oct 20, 2017
I’m 3 months out of warranty, how much is this going to cost me?

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
let us know how you get on please.

Mine has done this a few times now and I've only got a few months warranty left.

Another intermittent issue.... :(

digitalmadness

Oct 20, 2017
let us know how you get on please.

Mine has done this a few times now and I've only got a few months warranty left.

Another intermittent issue.... :(

Will do, will call the dealer tomorrow or Monday

digitalmadness

Oct 20, 2017
Was it really cold? And I"m guessing even a restart (with key) did not solve it?

Happened twice in cold conditions when started in the same location, only restarted ten minutes down the road but that sorted it. Starts in colder conditions in different locations don’t reproduce the same symptoms and it hasn’t happened again.

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Happened twice in cold conditions when started in the same location, only restarted ten minutes down the road but that sorted it. Starts in colder conditions in different locations don’t reproduce the same symptoms and it hasn’t happened again.

Mine only ever did it after a frosty night.
A couple of re-starts and it seemed to sort itself out until the next frosty night.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Still can’t reproduce it, think you are right.

Next frosty night - make sure you are videoing as you start the car with lights on.

I would take the video to your local seat dealer and see if they will sort it under good will because it is a known issue.

digitalmadness

Oct 20, 2017
Next frosty night - make sure you are videoing as you start the car with lights on.

I would take the video to your local seat dealer and see if they will sort it under good will because it is a known issue.

Will do. Cheers.

digitalmadness

Oct 20, 2017

Seat Customer Service and two local dealers all deny it’s a known issue, and won’t give me any good will. Going to cost £700.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise