Cupra 300 price changes

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
I see the configurator has now been updated with the eclipse orange etc, but it also seems the Leon is now cheaper? Can't exactly remember what it was before but I'm sure it was more than 29,900? Also the configurator is saying that dsg is no extra cost, I'm guessing it's just a typo with the update

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Pricelist also shows same. There are other threads which have mentioned this.
Worth noting that along with price changes there are changes to finance. Finance rate increased for Cupra. And although all other models are 0% there is no seat deposit contribution. Not sure about Cupra hp. Could only see pcp deals when I looked yesterday.
Edit hire purchase I do know the bhp!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
I see the configurator has now been updated with the eclipse orange etc, but it also seems the Leon is now cheaper? Can't exactly remember what it was before but I'm sure it was more than 29,900? Also the configurator is saying that dsg is no extra cost, I'm guessing it's just a typo with the update

I've been updating the whos ordered a cupra thread post 2746 onwards http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4753140#post4753140

in a nutshell;
- Manual 5dr was £30445 now £29900 = £ 545 saving
- DSG 5dr was £31805 now £29900 = £1905 saving

BUT dealer deposit contribution has been taken away, although i was told it was being dropped to £1250.

Most options have gone up in price by about £5. Although Nav system high has been dropped from £705 to £445.

Some packs have been dropped as well i.e. driving assistance pack 1 and 2 have merged same as the advanced comfort.

December price list https://web1.seat.co.uk/sites/default/files/new-leon-pricelist-december-2017.pdf

And still no performance pack :(

Last edited:

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Where did you read that dealer contribution has been taken away. I see it has for non-Cupra models but looks like there’s still a contribution for Cupra.
I thought nav high was more expensive. I believe you have to spec seat sound with nav high. And lower price you mentioned I think excludes it so might not be true comparison.

St 4drive price seems to be about 2k cheaper.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Take it back I’m not sure where I read it but for some reason I had it in my head.

I had a look at PCP and it looks to be £1500 contribution which ties in with what my dealer said.

Nav high seems to be an odd one as the configurator says that it’s £445 but the list says £715

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Take it back I’m not sure where I read it but for some reason I had it in my head.

I had a look at PCP and it looks to be £1500 contribution which ties in with what my dealer said.

Nav high seems to be an odd one as the configurator says that it’s £445 but the list says £715

If you select nav on the configurator it will say you need to add the seat sound so total will be around the same as before. Maybe £10 more.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
I cant see any deposit contribution for any of the Leon Range now just the £500 off for having a test drive. Still get £1500 off the Ibiza.

I wouldn't trust the site though tbh, when i last spoke to the dealer the contribution they said SEAT were offering was nowhere to be found on the site.

Orange looks good, yellow would be better and I'm still waiting for the Performance Pack wheels lol ;)

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
I cant see any deposit contribution for any of the Leon Range now just the £500 off for having a test drive. Still get £1500 off the Ibiza.

I wouldn't trust the site though tbh, when i last spoke to the dealer the contribution they said SEAT were offering was nowhere to be found on the site.

Orange looks good, yellow would be better and I'm still waiting for the Performance Pack wheels lol ;)

Finance calculator suggests £1500 Seat contribution on 4drive.
Tbh I don’t trust the site either. Info isn’t always accurate or consistent. Looks as though the finance details have been updated though.

nbullus

Apr 21, 2017
On top of manufacturer discount, you can still pick the DSG up now for £24,218 on DTD.

In addition, you can still claim the £1000 SEAT loyalty discount off this price. So depending on how you purchase, you could pick a a base DSG up for

Cash or PCP = £23,218
0%HP = £24,468

Absolute bargain for DSG version.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Is 0% hp still available on Cupra? 0% pcp doesn’t apply to Cupra but can’t see anything on Seat uk site about hp on Cupra. Doesn’t show as option on finance calculator??

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Might be slightly off topic but why not just get a second hand 300 for about £25k from an approved SEAT dealer? www.seat.co.uk. There's one on there now with 4600 miles for £22,990.

Or a 290 for £19,990 with 7k miles.

Last edited:

nbullus

Apr 21, 2017
Is 0% hp still available on Cupra? 0% pcp doesn’t apply to Cupra but can’t see anything on Seat uk site about hp on Cupra. Doesn’t show as option on finance calculator??

Yes it is available but you have to ask for it. SEAT don't advertise or really promote it. You will need to put down 50% deposit to get it.

You won't get 0% PCP.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Yes it is available but you have to ask for it. SEAT don't advertise or really promote it. You will need to put down 50% deposit to get it.

You won't get 0% PCP.

Thanks. That’s what I thought. I saw the 0% pcp offer but didn’t see the small print about not applying to Cupra at first.

Greg2904

Dec 27, 2017
Whats made SEAT reduce the price of the DSG?

I've put an order down for a Manual a few weeks ago, and this change in price has got me wondering whether I should change to the DSG. I only test drove the DSG as wasn't able to find anyone local with the manual, but didn't consider it because of the price.

What do people think?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Whats made SEAT reduce the price of the DSG?

I've put an order down for a Manual a few weeks ago, and this change in price has got me wondering whether I should change to the DSG. I only test drove the DSG as wasn't able to find anyone local with the manual, but didn't consider it because of the price.

What do people think?

I was wondering the same. If my order hadn't already been accepted I'd change to a dsg.

My test drive in the 300 auto wasn't enough to appreciate DSG

I was always of the opinion that manual was always the way to go, until I got a S3 courtesy car dsg.

After a week in that it felt like the smarter option for the type of driving I do.
The DSG pops, farts and bangs added to the fun driving experience as well.

Reactions: LouG

Greg2904

Dec 27, 2017
I was wondering the same. If my order hadn't already been accepted I'd change to a dsg.

My test drive in the 300 auto wasn't enough to appreciate DSG

I was always of the opinion that manual was always the way to go, until I got a S3 courtesy car dsg.

After a week in that it felt like the smarter option for the type of driving I do.
The DSG pops, farts and bangs added to the fun driving experience as well.

Only placed my order 6 weeks ago so I think I'll probably be able to make a change.

Going to give them a call tomorrow and try to see if they can get hold of a manual to drive, even if it's the 290. Just need a feel for it!

But I'm the same as you, didn't have a long enough test drive in the DSG to appreciate it fully.

Per

Dec 19, 2017
If you want to get a decent discount go to CarWow. I did and then went to local dealer and they honoured the discount and added the dealer discount.

Too late for me though to upgrade some of the spec - didn't opt for Nav High initially and now wish I had done so - also didn't opt for the winter pack. When I asked just before Christmas to add those options, I was told that as the car was scheduled for a week 2 build, any changes would push it to the the back of the queue.

If the list prices have gone down, I will need to check that my purchase prices has been amended and isn't at the higher price!!

Always a risk when ordering a car - a month later the prices is lower and options have changed!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.