what have you done to your car today ?

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Intake temps with this weather, this was just rolling alone at 60 ish "normal driving" but still didn't touch 20 before, during or after a 120 run with a type r (I had fun,he did not). Smic stock and cooled really quick. What are you guys with them big front Mount getting? Also a/f sits around 12.5 at 18psi sound about right? Light foot at 60 was 14 ish. Don't really understand a/f on a car tbh. What is good on a ko3? What should it be?
cddb7305d36ae70253bd8b508e755b21.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Few small jobs on the car completed today:

* New Headlight switch module fitted. (Front fogs had stopped working, this cured that issue)
* New Thermostat fitted. (Was running cool unless driven hard, this cured that issue)
* MK5 Golf Wiper Arms and Bosch Blades fitted - Much neater setup that sits much lower.
* Gear Box Shim fitted. (Eliminated whine in 3rd gear when coming down the box)

All little things that just keep the car in tip top condition.

Next up is a weekend in the bodyshop for lacquer peel issues to be corrected, so the following is being repainted:

* Bonnet (Also sorting minor stone chip marks)
* Bumper (Also sorting minor stone chip marks)
* Nearside Wing
* Offside door handles (Both quite bad, yet nearside are perfect, most odd)
* Petrol filler flap
* Rear bumper

Car is also having a full paint correction and deep wax applied at the same time. Will be like a new car next week.

Garry, do you have any pics of the mk5 Golf wiper arms fitted to your car.......PLEASE

GarryC

Ex Piper RS chappie
Oct 17, 2017
Ashford, Kent
Garry, do you have any pics of the mk5 Golf wiper arms fitted to your car.......PLEASE

Sure pal, pick my car up from the bodyshop later on, will try and get some when I do. Although it may be dark :)

Biggest thing I noticed is how low they sit, you almost cant see them from the drivers seat.

GarryC

Ex Piper RS chappie
Oct 17, 2017
Ashford, Kent
As the weather was still quite nice in Kent over the weekend. Gave it a good wash and wax. The first since coming back from the bodyshop.

Looks so much nicer without the little lacquer peel issues. They were not major, just enough to bother me. Pleased I got them done :)

ben penson

Dec 27, 2017
discovered i have more work lined up

On the 24th Dec i spilt a jug of water holding flowers into the passenger foot well. Not a problem, bit of water - compress a towel to the area, squeeze and repeat.
(1) Today when i opened the car, discovered approx 4 litre in the foot well! Confused.com, where did the water come from? First thought - blame the door and or windscreen seal. Nope.:confused:
Googled problem, dumped 2 litre of water on windscreen and watched it trickle in under glove box :cry:
(2) Drive car, no problems, heater on and car running fine. Start using aircon - does not come on, but the engine warning light did!! :rofl:

So in my first post, does anyone have any thoughts on this water issue? And could the aircon fail be as a result of this?

I am 99% certain I will get the Ross Tech ODB2 software and a cable to my PC, so the engine diag should be fine.
But does anyone have a thought on any seat spec ODB2 computer software?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

ben penson

Dec 27, 2017
Hi

I would be interested to see the result of the lacquer peel. Also, could you mention the cost of the paint/body work you are undertaking?
I have the same problem and have just begun investigating the work costs

Thanks
Ben

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Hi

I would be interested to see the result of the lacquer peel. Also, could you mention the cost of the paint/body work you are undertaking?
I have the same problem and have just begun investigating the work costs

Thanks
Ben

Hi Ben. Welcome to SCN.
You will get. Much better response if you post in the mk1 main forum.
This is an old thread on people’s daily antics. Not so much to do with problem solving.
have another go bud.
By the way water ingress prob to do with the pollen filter not housed correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Oh, and although not technically today I replaced my last door seal.

JUST enough of the butyl sealant strip left from doing the other three!