Dtuk Tuning strange issues

Nifftysquilly

Sep 19, 2017
Kent
Hi all, I wonder if any of you have had any strange issues with the tdi Tuning device.
Basically when it's installed everything is good for a few days but then suddenly when giving it some beans the engine light comes on and then the engine fan turns on and will not stop until you turn the car off and on. Light stays on but fans turns off! Engine temperature is up n down but never goes past the 90, half. It's really annoying as the chip brings the car to life.
Anyway, just wondering if anyone had the same issue?
Tried different settings, same issues.

Cheers

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Nifftysquilly

Sep 19, 2017
Kent
What setting do you have it on? And the 90 degrees is that the water or oil temp?
Hi mate, the 90 degree is the engine temp I guess. It's within the rev gauge, just under it. I would expect that temp to sit in the middle. Setting wise, I've tried most of them, but the one I like is 2 plus 2. Currently in 1 plus 2 and did the same thing yesterday. Why the fan kicks in and doesn't stop is beyond me! I've also got the R600 intake installed, that wouldn't miss up the temp readings would it?

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
The fan kicking in would be the car trying to do a regen. Nothing wrong with that, as long as it isn't too often. My 184 FR is standard, and will do a regen every couple of weeks. Also depends on the type of journeys you do, as to how often you notice it.

With the warning light coming on, it could be that you're experiencing the same issues as 184 FR owners who are using the DTUK box, and that it's making the boost pressure sensor create a fault.

Nifftysquilly

Sep 19, 2017
Kent
The fan kicking in would be the car trying to do a regen. Nothing wrong with that, as long as it isn't too often. My 184 FR is standard, and will do a regen every couple of weeks. Also depends on the type of journeys you do, as to how often you notice it.

With the warning light coming on, it could be that you're experiencing the same issues as 184 FR owners who are using the DTUK box, and that it's making the boost pressure sensor create a fault.
Hi Steve, thank you for your reply, but I should of mentioned that mines the 1.8 tsi.
The fan will kick in every time if I boot it, not hard just enough to feel the extra boast kick in. I'm wondering if it's the temp sensor. I'm going to remove the chip and see what happens. Cheers

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Hi mate, the 90 degree is the engine temp I guess. It's within the rev gauge, just under it.

The small gauge within the rev counter is the coolant temperature, not the engine oil temperature. The engine oil temp is accessible in the Driver Information System within the driving data sub menu for the car.

IMO it’s always advisable to wait until the engine oil temperature is up to 90 degrees before driving enthusiastically. The coolant will get up to 90 degrees some time before the engine oil is at its optimum operating temperature, so if you’re ‘giving it some beans’ as soon as the coolant temp is up to 90, the engine oil won’t be up to optimum temperature.

marinipersonal

Jan 1, 2017
I'm using the same box in the same engine, DSG. The best balance was 3 +2. If tried 1 +2 or 2+2 or 3 +3, would get an error with the cruise control/stop start, which disappear once restarting the car.
Are you using any high performance panel filter?

Nifftysquilly

Sep 19, 2017
Kent
I'm using the same box in the same engine, DSG. The best balance was 3 +2. If tried 1 +2 or 2+2 or 3 +3, would get an error with the cruise control/stop start, which disappear once restarting the car.
Are you using any high performance panel filter?
Hey mate, OK cool I'll try that. Yes a R600 induction kit. I'm it replaces the whole factory air filter kit. Massive thing, cost as much as the chip lol. Do you ever have fan or temp issues?

marinipersonal

Jan 1, 2017
Just an update, the box you are using is DTUK® FSR+ MultiChannel Petrol Tuning Box, right? because when you've mentioned TDI, that's the diesel version, which I believe has only two connectors. In our case, 3 connectors, one under the engine, next to the radiator, and two on the top.

Nifftysquilly

Sep 19, 2017
Kent
Just an update, the box you are using is DTUK FSR+ MultiChannel Petrol Tuning Box, right? because when you've mentioned TDI, that's the diesel version, which I believe has only two connectors. In our case, 3 connectors, one under the engine, next to the radiator, and two on the top.
Yes that's the one. Sorry guys just changed the title! Yes It has the tricky connection under the engine. I'll whack it onto 3plus2 and see how it goes. Cheers

marinipersonal

Jan 1, 2017
Just had the fault I've mentioned before, but never something to throw a limp mode or keeping an error past a restart of the engine. Even after the "fault", performance isn't affected. Never had the problem with the fan. I would keep one eye on the coolant levels. You may try to run some OBD reader and check for any faulty.

Reactions: Nifftysquilly

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
@Nifftysquilly
Is this something you purchased from DTUK or was it a second hand purchase?
If direct i would give the guys up there a call for some advice etc.
If s/hand the question has to be, Are you sure it has the correct software on the box for your car.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise