5W/30 oil in a Leon Cupra ?

turbin

Hi, sorry to bring this one back out of the woodworm but i noticed on a bottle of Castrol 5W/30 it said "For your Ford Engine", would this still be okay for use in a Leon Cupra, or is it specific to Ford only ??

Regards,
Andy

well, if its for Ford I obviously wouldn't use it :p

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Sorry, yeah i meant 507.00 not 5.07, but you knew what i meant lol ! - i find the Halfords 507.00 VW/Audi spec oil very good and well priced at about £19 for 2 litres.

Regards,
Andy

Sharkey

Hi Guys,

Again, apologies for bringing up an old thread.

Picked up my 2004 Leon Cupra a couple of weeks ago, came with a pile of recent invoices etc. One that caught my eye particularly after reading this thread, is that 2 years ago the car was serviced at a SEAT dealer with 15/40 oil. The invoices since then do not state the oil that has been used.

Therefore it is possible that this grade of oil is still in the car. My question is, do I need to get it changed ASAP, or will it be fine to leave till the next service is due in about 4K.

Many Thanks

Mr Bigglesworth

Dec 13, 2008
Herts
Looking to put some new oil in my Cupra (1.8T 180bhp). From what I've read here a 5/30 Castrol Edge or Mobil 1 should be good for it.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Mobil 1 and the Mobil 1 ESP?

Also don't suppose anyone know which one is currently in stock at Costco and which is cheaper?

]D) - |F|R/A(G

alot of posts about oil. I was going to ask what oil I need in my cupra r and if I should be using something different if its been re mapped but im scared of spending all day replying :p

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
the -40 stuff is fine for diesels but not petrols as it's not good enough, I belive, the -30 is fine for both.

The 504 adn 507 numbers work in a way that if it says you need 503 then anything after that will be good enough, will still meet the old standards and more.

Hamzilla

Feb 12, 2008
Watford, Herts
I bought 5L bottle of Mobil 1 5W-30 from Halfords on special offer for penny short of £40. :D
Specifically mentions 504.00 VW in its spec.

So no need to buy a 4L plus a 1L top up.

mikesndbs

Apr 3, 2010
West Sussex UK
www.youtube.com
Hi, OK I know this thread is a wee bit old but I'd like to make the right choice for my car!
To be honest I find all the numbers a bit confusing.

My car is a 2005 Leon 1.8 20V SE.

So, could someone just say which engine oil I should use in it please and can I buy it from Halfords?

I have some Halfords 10w/40 part synthetic no reference to 504 or 507 but says API SL CF ACEA A3 B3?

Thanks

Cuprar72

Aug 29, 2017
East sussex
castrol website recommends edge 0w30 for the bam engine? ive always worried 0 grade is to thin and had issues years ago with mobil 1 0w30 oil rattly engine but fine on 5w30 (cant remember the car it was on and not a seat), thoughts on 0w30?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.