Can you reprogram a DTUK diesel -> petrol?

Havsgaard

Jan 15, 2014
Denmark
Hello all

Anyone here knows if it is possible to re-program a DTUK box for a diesel to fit a petrol driven car?

Vkr.
/Heino

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
I would of thought that dtuk could re-program it, you’d just have to buy a new loom. The FSR (petrol) unit looks just like the diesel versions. Just different wiring looms. I may be wrong

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site
If you bought your DTUK new, speak to DTUK, as we had a Honda CRV box and they flashed the box and sold us a new wiring loom for our Seat Leon. They charged around £60 for the loom.

Havsgaard

Jan 15, 2014
Denmark
Unfortunately I will be moving away from Seat next year - no Cupra fro me, I got 'the eyes' when I suggested it.
I already placed an order on the new VW T-roc, hoping for delivery during Mar/April, but dealer said I could risk it it to go as far as May due to high demand already.

My wife is complaining about the car being to low, she has problems with her back - and would love to have a SUV. So I looked at the Seat Ateca - but the delivery time on Seat Ateca here in dk, is at least 8 months if I ordered one with the specs I needed (read. wanted). That was waaaaay too long time for me to wait.

So, I ended up ordering a T-roc during the premiere last weekend - a 1.5 TSI evo with DSG - Sport trim and loads of extra's - must say I am impressed with the equipment in standard trim though.

I had a look at the 2.0 tsi awd, but the tax on that one a long with high running costs in general was a bit too much for me, when coming from a diesel, and the boot was also limited as you could not lower the floor due to AWD.

So I thought if it was possible to reprogram the DTUK, it would be nice, however - I don't think they have a program for the 1.5 tsi yet.

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
A petrol box can not be used on a diesel car in 99.9% of cases.

Only on some of the VAG 1.0, 1.2 and 1.4 tsi engine can the diesel box be reprogrammed.

The technology used in the CRD and FSR boxes are very different

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
I had a Bluespark Pro + Boost Control Tuning Box on my old car. A Toyota Auris 2.0 Diesel...

I sent it back to the company and they reprogrammed it for my 1.2 petrol Leon. No problem.

Comes with a new wiring loom too.... Box cost £260 and reprogram cost £59....

So far absolutely no issues using it..

Don't know if it would be just as easy for the DTUK Boxes....

Last edited:

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
Unfortunately I will be moving away from Seat next year - no Cupra fro me, I got 'the eyes' when I suggested it.
I already placed an order on the new VW T-roc, hoping for delivery during Mar/April, but dealer said I could risk it it to go as far as May due to high demand already.

My wife is complaining about the car being to low, she has problems with her back - and would love to have a SUV. So I looked at the Seat Ateca - but the delivery time on Seat Ateca here in dk, is at least 8 months if I ordered one with the specs I needed (read. wanted). That was waaaaay too long time for me to wait.

So, I ended up ordering a T-roc during the premiere last weekend - a 1.5 TSI evo with DSG - Sport trim and loads of extra's - must say I am impressed with the equipment in standard trim though.

I had a look at the 2.0 tsi awd, but the tax on that one a long with high running costs in general was a bit too much for me, when coming from a diesel, and the boot was also limited as you could not lower the floor due to AWD.

So I thought if it was possible to reprogram the DTUK, it would be nice, however - I don't think they have a program for the 1.5 tsi yet.

Word on the grape vine is that DTUK have a system for the 1.5 150 tsi which has been developed on the t roc and arteon.
Just thought you would like to know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Havsgaard

Jan 15, 2014
Denmark
Word on the grape vine is that DTUK have a system for the 1.5 150 tsi which has been developed on the t roc and arteon.
Just thought you would like to know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up - i saw DTE system already had it and thought it to be only a matter of time before dtuk would get it as well.

Cheers
/H

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
Thanks for the heads up - i saw DTE system already had it and thought it to be only a matter of time before dtuk would get it as well.

Cheers
/H

No worries buddy. Figures look ok as well for a little 1.5. +30-35ps and 70 ish nm torque so ive been told from my inside source :D

Havsgaard

Jan 15, 2014
Denmark
Only thing I am a bit uncertain about, is the DQ200 used along with the 1.5 and how it will handle the extra torque.

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
Only thing I am a bit uncertain about, is the DQ200 used along with the 1.5 and how it will handle the extra torque.

Same DSG box that the Polo 6C gti runs buddy and that does 320 torques stock and almost 400 tuned i believe so you shouldnt have a problem at all on the ROC.;)

salsajoe

Apr 12, 2017
Yorkshire
Same DSG box that the Polo 6C gti runs buddy and that does 320 torques stock and almost 400 tuned i believe so you shouldnt have a problem at all on the ROC.;)

The DSG box is also fitted to the Skoda and will take an extra 30/40nm (it has a lower torque rating than the manual box) but the dry clutch on the 7 speed is near its torque limits and I hear quite a few modified ones have had to fit new clutches.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise