Optional extra recommendations for first time Cupra owner

vermaak

Dec 13, 2017
Hi Everyone.

I'm about to order a Cupra 300 and wanted some recommendations on optional extras. I mostly do town driving with some fun country road blasts but not a lot of motorway runs. I have been looking at the Seat Sound upgrade and wondered how people found it. Anything people feel that this car should come with as standard from the options?

Thanks

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
Seat Sound is very good if you like your music. Not sure what is standard on the 300 over the 290 but I find the reversing camera very useful. I can also thoroughly recommend the bucket seats as long as you are under 6ft!

After living with it for 6 months I can say the panoramic roof is a waste of money. Looks good but never used.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

vermaak

Dec 13, 2017
I'm 6ft 3" and I'd heard the standard sports seats were better for my height. My wife has a panoramic roof on her civic and we never use it. The sound upgrade seems to be an option I will be going with. Thanks

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
Yeh I'm 6' 3 and if sat properly my head brushes the roof lining. Probably my biggest bug with the car.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I'm 6ft 3" and I'd heard the standard sports seats were better for my height. My wife has a panoramic roof on her civic and we never use it. The sound upgrade seems to be an option I will be going with. Thanks

The Autogefuhl reviewer mentioned similar about the standard seats.

I'm going from a 280 to a 300. My 280 didn't have many options other than the upgraded wheels and black badges.

I'd start by echoing other comments about the upgraded sound system.
The standard sound system was good 8 speakers, but when I was given a courtesy S3 I realised how much it was lacking. I've heard the Seat sound is much better.

The winter pack is also worth the extra after testing that in the S3 too.

The rear camera looks very handy and cheapish to add.

If you have the DSG the addition ACC is quite good in that it can bring your car to a complete stop.

I've added the panoramic roof for asthetics as it made the cabin seem less gloomy, but it does reduce headroom slightly. At your height it may be an issue.

If you spec the Nav high you will get WLAN that will allow integration with Alexa voice service, although I'm not so sure how useful it will actually be.

Last edited:

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I've got seat sound and winter pack on my cupra and think both are worth the premium. Sound is fantastic from seat sound setup, and heated seats are on permanently in the colder UK months. Currently speccing replacement and will add acc to seat sound and winter pack options :)

dsj20v

Dec 6, 2007
hampshire
I've a 290st and have the heated buckets already which are great (I'm 6ft1) also I have the seat sound and rear camera which are both excellent and if certainly get them on my next one. The Seat sound gets better as it beds in

Last edited:

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
SEAT Sound is brilliant. The sunroof is great up to 70 km/h, then gets noisy. Having just the rear edge lifted cuts noise but still boosts airflow. I had the standard seats fitted. (Mine first arrived with Sports seats.)
Rear camera and front parking sensors are useful for urban driving.
I didn't feel the need for the Performance pack though.

huw

Feb 13, 2017
SW London
For town driving, which a lot of mine is I would recommend DSG, Advanced Comfort and Driving Pack which includes ACC, Camera Pack and KESSY. I also have the bucket seats which are very comfortable (but I am less than 6 feet), SEAT Sound, Nav System High and Panoramic Sun Roof, the last is nice but an expensive option, however I’m sure the car is much brighter inside with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
Seat sound system is ok but there’s only like £150 extra from Seat sound to BeatsAudio so I’m going for that. I found panoramic roof to be a waste when living in the north.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
It seems your basic Cupra is just that. Our base spec has Seat sound, climate control air, most of the electronic nannies, DCC, etc.
I passed on the sat nav, because it was $850, it has the strange Euro quirks like not recalculating a route, and Android Auto gives you Google maps anyway.

Base price is $NZ56900 for the manual, $1500 more for DSG, and $1400 for the sunroof.

thebrief1979

Dec 1, 2017
Worcester
I agree regarding the comments on the panoramic roof - great for the extra light have but rarely opened and I have had to have the frame reset twice in 6 months due to creaking

Acc is fantastic - helps keep my licence as it stops your speed creeping up - every time you hit a 30/40/ 50 just set the speed and forget it - it actually so fast at detecting its spotted cars pulling out before I have

Sound pack is well worth having over and above standard

Winter pack - heated seats and washer jets have been a life saver recently

To be honest I would also have sat nav as quite frankly it will always look like you skimped on the spec if you have one attached to your windscreen

Last edited:

hitchygolf1971

May 4, 2017
I agree regarding the comments on the panoramic roof - great for the extra light have but rarely opened and I have had to have the frame reset twice in 6 months due to creaking

Acc is fantastic - helps keep my licence as it stops your speed creeping up - every time you hit a 30/40/ 50 just set the speed and forget it - it actually so fast at detecting its spotted cars pulling out before I have

Sound pack is well worth having over and above standard

Winter pack - heated seats and washer jets have been a life saver recently

To be honest I would also have sat nav as quite frankly it will always look like you skimped on the spec if you have one attached to your windscreen

Sat Nav comes as standard in the Cupra and is more than enough for me without upgrading to the other sat nav available. The standard cruise control works fine and more than enough for me.
There would be only one extra I would have if available and that is a front heated screen but sorry to say not a option

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Seat sound system is ok but there’s only like £150 extra from Seat sound to BeatsAudio so I’m going for that. I found panoramic roof to be a waste when living in the north.

The BeatsAudio is said to be superior but unless you are lucky enough to get an R it isn't available on the LEON CUPRA yet in the UK.

Ignore just realized that you aren't in the UK! Doh!

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

Didn't realise that it wasn't standard on the CUPRA in other countries. That would ruin a big feature of the digital cockpit for those - unless that wouldn't be standard in those countries either..

If it's paid option then it may be worth just using the full link and using Google Maps, Waze or the apple equivalent.

Guaranteed Map updates and traffic.

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
Don't know if it's an extra or standard but get the space saver spare wheel. Had an absolute blast trying to use the other half's piece of **** tyre filler plus pump contraption on her citroen the other night. Never again. Seat Sound is great. You don't realise how great till you get in a car without it. And I personally love the sun roof even though I use it maybe twice a year. Even better if the 300 boasts the lower profile sun roof I have seen on some audis. Essentially I would get everything you can afford. I got lucky with my ex demonstrater as it came with the lot. I hate blanked out buttons.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I'm pretty sure the Cupra comes with a space saver as standard, in any case if you order Seat Sound it comes with the s/s wheel.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.