4th Leon body style

ITMonkey

Jul 13, 2004
Apologies if it's been posted before, but just noticed this Leon which was built for the Swedish TCC.
seat-leon-stcc.jpg

VW group seem to be culling 3-door cars at the moment, but would a production version of this sell? I reckon it would make a good Scirocco competitor.

Deleted member 103408

Apologies if it's been posted before, but just noticed this Leon which was built for the Swedish TCC.
seat-leon-stcc.jpg

VW group seem to be culling 3-door cars at the moment, but would a production version of this sell? I reckon it would make a good Scirocco competitor.

Very Nice, I seem to recall the Scirocco is being discontinued as it would cost far to much to build a new version on the then latest platform.

I dont think VAG want SEAT cars being better than other group cars, so I am guessing not going into production.

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
If they do a mk4 3 door I'd be amazed and would get one. Not a fan of 5 doors they just don't look purposeful in a sporty kind of way like a 3 door does. Sometimes compromise is good. Please build this SEAT.
Scirocco is done with anyway so not stepping on any group toes. A3 3 door is finished too. Let's hope they let SEAT keep a 3 door model.

hoppus

Oct 30, 2017
UK
I would sell both my kidneys if this came out :-o
Reminds me of slightly the GT86...

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Nope. It was built by PWR out of a normal 5 door Leon.

SEAT Sport assisted but that was it. Not an official SEAT build.

Sonofzelda

What the covfefe!
Sep 25, 2016
Rugby
Nope. It was built by PWR out of a normal 5 door Leon.

SEAT Sport assisted but that was it. Not an official SEAT build.
Did this mean that they moulded their own shell? Were they free to use any materials and would homologation rules have any relevance? (I'm suffering from BTCC Deficiency Syndrome)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
It was a 5 door that they modified by adding a lot of shell around it.

They built 3 or 4 in the end, then the STCC moved to TCR rules the next season.

Sonofzelda

What the covfefe!
Sep 25, 2016
Rugby
Very impressed with the PWR website except for their atrocious spelling. Would like to follow their junior drivers - well one of them - but I'd probably get arrested! :love::cop:

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
Met him, really really nice guy. The girl was nice too but lost both her races. Well, come to think about it, so did the senior guy, by far...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members