what did you and your mk3 leon do today

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Took my Grey One to 45k regular service.
Had replacement car leon with seat sound and alcantara.
And christmas gift as winter fluid and ice scraper :)

Poslano z mojega D5803 z uporabo Tapatalk

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Cleaned and polished. Noticed some lacquer peeling

Fitted new rear struts for boot so it pops open as well as the spray washer jets to replace the crappy originals

Lawtonater9

Nov 18, 2016
Manchester
Getting the boot to open automatically: is it literally a gas strut swap and it will open automatically with the key press, or are there any obd11 modifications that you have done?

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Getting the boot to open automatically: is it literally a gas strut swap and it will open automatically with the key press, or are there any obd11 modifications that you have done?
Just strut swap. They are stronger so it's harder to close

EddieP

Nov 8, 2016
Coatbridge
Just strut swap. They are stronger so it's harder to close

Ive had mine on for around 6 months now and they are starting to loosen off, i didnt really use the boot prior to my kid being born so id imagine if they are getting used regularly it will be easier to close quicker than mine

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Ive had mine on for around 6 months now and they are starting to loosen off, i didnt really use the boot prior to my kid being born so id imagine if they are getting used regularly it will be easier to close quicker than mine

Thanks Eddie. Yea I stick my laptop bag in the boot each day so 4 times a day I guess it will be used. Right now it wants to hit me in the face each time :rofl:

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs

Howdy! What’s the difference with the new washer jets? :)

Seat Leon Cupra 290 DSG Black Edition (Alor Blue)
Performance: Racingline OEM+ Stage Two Mapping | Racingline R600 Intake | Racingline Turbo Inlet Pipe | Racingline Turbo Elbow | Racingline Muffler Delete | OEM NGK Audi RS7 Spark Plugs | 034 Motorsport Dogbone Mount | GFB DV+ | Milltek Large Bore Downpipe | Pipewerx Custom Cat Back Exhaust | Forge Turbo Blanket
Interior: Koonlung K1S Dash Cam with BlackVue Power Magic Pro
Exterior: TRC Front Splitter | Foliatec Exhaust Paint Gloss Black

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016

Performance: Racingline OEM+ Stage Two Mapping | Racingline R600 Intake | Racingline Turbo Inlet Pipe | Racingline Turbo Elbow | Racingline Muffler Delete | OEM NGK Audi RS7 Spark Plugs | 034 Motorsport Dogbone Mount | GFB DV+ | Milltek Large Bore Downpipe | Pipewerx Custom Cat Back Exhaust | Forge Turbo Blanket

Its a mist rather than the silly 3 beams that are poor imho

Deleted member 103408

check out this thread it has some pics showing difference.

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
Anyone have a description the location of 10 speakers with sub?
Two in front windscreen pillars, two in each front door, two in rear 3/4 panels ( I've an SC ) and one sub in boot spare wheel well and one on top of the centre of the dashboard. Excellent sound and worth the upgrade.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
Two in front windscreen pillars, two in each front door, two in rear 3/4 panels ( I've an SC ) and one sub in boot spare wheel well and one on top of the centre of the dashboard. Excellent sound and worth the upgrade.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

What's the difference between SSS and BeatsAudio then? :confused: Is it the same subwoofer for both?

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Took it for a 20k service earlier this week.

I've piled on 9500 miles in 7 months, so I've almost caught up to the 10,300 it had when I bought it when it was 3 years old!

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
What's the difference between SSS and BeatsAudio then? :confused: Is it the same subwoofer for both?

About a couple of hundred.. :)

From when I read the spec of the Seat sound had a 135w amp. And a 10 speaker setup.

Even in the Ibiza the Beatsaudio has a 300w amp, although that only carries 6 speakers.

I'm sure it will be 10 in the Leon also.

The dealer said that they'd heard it in an Ibiza and it was better if you like your bassy tracks.

Last edited:

Kjimi

Jan 12, 2016
Kerava, Finland

Leon's Seat Sound System and Beats Audio both have 10 speakers in total.
The speakers are front tweeters, front midbasses, center channel speaker, rear tweeters, rear midbasses and a subwoofer.
It is yet unknown if the speakers are the same in SSS and Beats Audio.
Part numbers for the speakers would need to be checked dealer or ETKA etc.

Seat Sound Systems subwoofer is 6,5" in size and sits inside a 18" space saver spare wheel.
Seats online new car configurator forces to select a 18" space saver spare wheel when selecting Beats audio, so my guess is that the subwoofer still sits inside the 18" space saver spare wheel.
Size of the Beats Audio subwoofer is yet unknown, but my guess is that it is 6,5".

Seat Sound System uses infotainment units internal amplifier with total of 135W.
Beats Audio system has a separate 340W amplifier that is located below front seat.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members