boost gauge problem

shidoshi

Jun 7, 2013
ive done the n249 bypass

and had a forge 008p fitted and they ran it off the fpr.

now i got all new hose pipe so i decided to redo it all.

so i took the t piece of that was attached to fpr and noticed it was blocked with a gold bung inside the t.

so i took the gold bung out so all 3 holes inside t piece are clear and connected to the forge 008p

now as soon as i started the car the engine is making a loud rattle or ticking noise and the car exhaust is making a burble noise when revved.

have i done this correct as car dont feel right and i dont want to drive it if i,ll cause problems to engine if ive connected it all wrong.

many thanks for any advice...

frijj

Aug 15, 2015
South Wales
Firstly, there are two nipples under the inlet manifold, one for the FPR and one for the vacuum reservoir for the N249. If you've done the "bypass" correctly, the top nipple of the 008p should be going to one of the nipples under the manifold and the other should be going to the FPR.
It is recommended that that the FPR has its own vacuum source and any T'ing off for boost gauges
should be done from the 008p vacuum line.

As for the "gold bung", is it on the bottom of the T piece? Did this T piece come with the boost gauge? If it is what I think it is, then there should be a small hole in the "bung" and this is a restrictor which works with the boost gauge to give an accurate reading.

shidoshi

Jun 7, 2013
hi thanks for reply

yes 1 nipple under manifold goes to top of dv and the other goes to fpr.

and your correct the gold bung is at the bottom of the T and it did have a very small hole in it.

but ive now lost the gold bit.

the t piece did come with the boost gauge.

will it be ok to run the car like i have it ?

or should i just connect 1 nipple to dv and other nipple to fpr without a t piece, untill i get a new one with a bung.

many thanks

frijj

Aug 15, 2015
South Wales
I'd just connect 1 nipple to dv and other nipple to fpr without a t piece, untill you get a new one with a bung.

Has your car been re-mapped? whats the boost gauge reading?

shidoshi

Jun 7, 2013
thanks m8

yeah ive just connected 1 nipple to fpr and 1 to dv for now.

car is fine now so will need to find a seller for the t piece with gold bung.

and no car is not mapped.

was wanting to get it mapped but my cut my loss and buy a focus st after xmas.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.