Bi-Xenon AFS

Makuc

Dec 20, 2017
hi!

I was searching for this but I couldn't find it anywhere. I have 2016 Ibiza FR with so called bi-xenon lights with AFS. This might sound stupid but these lights don't have cornering or am I wrong? I have driven Leon 1P with bi-xenon and it's totally different.

So if there is no cornering for bi-xenon is it possible to modify that with some sort of module or other modification?

Thanks for your help.

Regards from Slovenia

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Hi,

I have a UK spec 2016 Ibiza SC FR with Bi-Xenons.

The headlights do turn when you turn, (if you turn left, the healights turn a few degrees that way too!) although it's very subtle. Some say the passengers who pay attention to this may get dizzy. Do note the start up sequence, up, down, out, in..:lol: with the headlights.

However all UK factory spec Ibizas with Bi-Xenons would also have the fog lights as cornering lights. At lower speeds, or if you have your turn signal on (if headlights are on), then a single foglight will turn on, and will go off once the wheel is straighten. If you reverse with headlights on, both fog lights will turn on.

These cornering fogs do annoy me imensly, so I have them turned off via Carista app / module. But the Bi-Xenons still turn the same direction the steering wheel does.

Last edited:

Makuc

Dec 20, 2017
Hi,

I have a UK spec 2016 Ibiza SC FR with Bi-Xenons.

The headlights do turn when you turn, (if you turn left, the healights turn a few degrees that way too!) although it's very subtle. Some say the passengers who pay attention to this may get dizzy. Do note the start up sequence, up, down, out, in..:lol: with the headlights.

However all UK factory spec Ibizas with Bi-Xenons would also have the fog lights as cornering lights. At lower speeds, or if you have your turn signal on (if headlights are on), then a single foglight will turn on, and will go off once the wheel is straighten. If you reverse with headlights on, both fog lights will turn on.

These cornering fogs do annoy me imensly, so I have them turned off via Carista app / module. But the Bi-Xenons still turn the same direction the steering wheel does.

That's what strange because I see the sequence up, down, left and right but when turning steering wheel nothing happens. And I can see the difference if there is adaptive xenon but on Ibiza I really don't.

The fog lights are the same at my Ibiza but I like it because it helps me on curvy roads....believe me we have a lot of curvy roads. :)

Thanks for your answer and Merry Christmas

a22tenc

Jan 21, 2015
They do turn but if you're trying to see them in action when the car is stationary then they won't move.

But sometimes it's hard to notice them turning it depends on what you have in front of you as a background for you to see.

Makuc

Dec 20, 2017
They do turn but if you're trying to see them in action when the car is stationary then they won't move.

But sometimes it's hard to notice them turning it depends on what you have in front of you as a background for you to see.

Aha. Will put extra focus next time while driving. Thx

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK

What he said..it's very subtle, if I don't pay attention i usually don't notice. But if I look closely it does move. If on a twisty country road and dark..it's very obvious they move!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.