Audi s3 vs seat Leon 280. Who do you think won?

Benjiman

Sep 20, 2014
Bristol
At least with the cupra it's likely to still be on your drive after a night's sleep! Oh, and possible to insure it..

(S3 is the most stolen car in the UK currently, in case anyone got confused)

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
At least with the cupra it's likely to still be on your drive after a night's sleep! Oh, and possible to insure it..

(S3 is the most stolen car in the UK currently, in case anyone got confused)

Sadly whenever I see any decent car these days I "joke" that it'll be stolen by next week. Not to say a Cupra isn't decent but those Audis go like hot cakes.

hybrid713

Aug 18, 2015
Sadly whenever I see any decent car these days I "joke" that it'll be stolen by next week. Not to say a Cupra isn't decent but those Audis go like hot cakes.

Reminds me of a really tragic story where an S3 was stolen from a Manchester home in a well off neighbourhood. The wife watched in horror as his husband was killed trying to fend off the thief.

Anyhow this shouldn’t be the deciding factor (perhaps the insurance is...) but I would go for the Cupra given its much better looking and more of a rarity on UK roads. I’d only get an Audi because it’s more refined for the equivalent models. Then again is that your top priority for a Hot Hatch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cupraboss

Dec 27, 2015
Reminds me of a really tragic story where an S3 was stolen from a Manchester home in a well off neighbourhood. The wife watched in horror as his husband was killed trying to fend off the thief.

Anyhow this shouldn’t be the deciding factor (perhaps the insurance is...) but I would go for the Cupra given its much better looking and more of a rarity on UK roads. I’d only get an Audi because it’s more refined for the equivalent models. Then again is that your top priority for a Hot Hatch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to echo these thoughts exactly. My fully loaded cupra 290 with front splitter, side skirts and APR stage 1 high output remap will cost me £29k TOTAL which is absolutely incredible value considering i bought the car brand new!. When you couple this with exclutivity and the fact i very rarely worry about it getting stolen or vandalised it becomes pretty much the ultimate DD. My RS5 on the other hand - i worry about that car everyday to the extent i dont drive it as much i should do!

Deleted member 103408

I would like to echo these thoughts exactly. My fully loaded cupra 290 with front splitter, side skirts and APR stage 1 high output remap will cost me £29k TOTAL which is absolutely incredible value considering i bought the car brand new!. When you couple this with exclutivity and the fact i very rarely worry about it getting stolen or vandalised it becomes pretty much the ultimate DD. My RS5 on the other hand - i worry about that car everyday to the extent i dont drive it as much i should do!

Ditto for me and i love the look on the faces of the Golf/S3 Drivers as a Humble LEON leaves them standing.