Condensation in rear brake light.

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Could drill a tiny hole in the bottom which wont be seen, this will let condensation out

Are you on DW? we're almost neighbours as i'm in Hudds as well :)

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
i'll keep an eye out as i drive from back of old ICI up Bradley road into Elland :)

Has your light got any cracks as this seems to be a little common?

bradleymarky

Nov 7, 2017
Huddersfield
i'll keep an eye out as i drive from back of old ICI up Bradley road into Elland :)

Has your light got any cracks as this seems to be a little common?
No cracks so it must be a seal thats gone, my son in law is a mechanic so i`ll leave him to sort it.

I drive on the back of the ICI everyday to go to work at waterloo. Thank god the chicken shop is closed, i can find somewhere to park [:@]

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
The units have a thin seal inside the casing that gets compressed when the outer/ inner parts are snapped together - maybe yours has been damaged or just not sealed properly after a bulb change

thebrief1979

Dec 1, 2017
Worcester
Well I had 2 pairs changed in 6 months. It is fair to say that most of the issues are tiny fractures as referenced above HOWEVER there seems to be a second issue which is the seals as whilst my first pair that were replaced under warranty due to the cracks.that pair then failed to seal properly- they didnt have any cracks but were full of condensation so the dealership replaced them free as a goodwiĺl gesture as they were out of warranty

bradleymarky

Nov 7, 2017
Huddersfield
The car is still under warranty but i didnt buy it from my local Seat dealer so i hope they arent funny about it. They dont have good feedback.

Just noticed it has a crack about 7" long. Should it have been sold in that condition.

Last edited:

bradleymarky

Nov 7, 2017
Huddersfield
Just rang my local Seat dealer up and they said to bring it down on 10th January for a health check and so they can look at the brake light.
I`m assuming these health checks are free !!

cbcdesign

Feb 5, 2015
No offence but you really should not need to drill a small holes in the rear light cluster to solve condensation! The fault is usually a problem with the seal and may be visible if the OP looks closely at the problem cluster. My Leon had this issue and it was replaced under warranty as its a known manufacturing error.

Toms85

Dec 29, 2017
Fair point - however my car wasnt under warranty.

If the car is still under warranty - the dealer should take of it.

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
I have a 2017 Facelift leon SC and have condensation in front headlights which is common and not seen as a problem from SEAT, due to the LED headlights to heating up as much as the old halogen. However, I also have condensation in the rear outer lights which are also LED, should this be happening or should I take it into the dealer? Car is only 3 months old, there are no visible signs of cracking or anything.

bradleymarky

Nov 7, 2017
Huddersfield
I have a 2017 Facelift leon SC and have condensation in front headlights which is common and not seen as a problem from SEAT, due to the LED headlights to heating up as much as the old halogen. However, I also have condensation in the rear outer lights which are also LED, should this be happening or should I take it into the dealer? Car is only 3 months old, there are no visible signs of cracking or anything.
Pretty sure it starts with condensation then a crack appears very quickly. Get it to the dealers.

bradleymarky

Nov 7, 2017
Huddersfield
Dilemma time.
The dealer I bought the car from has just left me a voicemail to say they have the brake light and are wanting to fit it. The car is booked into seat next Wednesday for a health check and for them to “look” at the tail light.
Do I go with the guaranteed fix or do I go to the main dealer.

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
I'd go to the dealer where you bought the car and have the new light unit fitted as they have it in stock (local dealer?) - knowing main dealer they'll have to get ok from SEAT to fit a replacement then you'll have to wait for it to turn up then go back to have it fitted.
Are they charging for the health check? this time of year they're after work so will probably say you need brake pads, etc

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise