What colour should I pick for my Cupra 300

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Looks good in that photo. Colour seems to be vary in pics, maybe different lighting?

It does look good; bright sunny weather shows off paintwork colours at their best, and dull, overcast weather conditions can make many colours look flat and lifeless. That’s why there’s good lighting in pretty much all dealer showrooms and at motor shows! :)

Bestseany

Jun 30, 2017
Desire red is quite pearlescent so it looks brilliant in the sun when it’s clean.

Here’s one on a more overcast day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt

Apr 27, 2016
What company was this thru?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Will tell you next week once I get it all confirmed and ordered. Have you find anywhere cheaper. New quarter starts on 1st jan so should see new deals out at the back end of next week.

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
Will tell you next week once I get it all confirmed and ordered. Have you find anywhere cheaper. New quarter starts on 1st jan so should see new deals out at the back end of next week.
Thanks Matt. I can only find £225 for 5dr manual so far on 12k year (36 month lease). Only issue is price down seem a bit high.

Cheers for heads up on new deals

Matt

Apr 27, 2016
Thanks Matt. I can only find £225 for 5dr manual so far on 12k year (36 month lease). Only issue is price down seem a bit high.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk[/QUOT

Think it works out to be £274 with 6 up front. 3dr is cheaper on there site aswell..

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
It does look good; bright sunny weather shows off paintwork colours at their best, and dull, overcast weather conditions can make many colours look flat and lifeless. That’s why there’s good lighting in pretty much all dealer showrooms and at motor shows! :)

I believe this is because Desire Red is a red tinted clearcoat which adds depth and the final colour appearance as opposed to the others which are 2 hit metallic with traditional clearcoat added. It's not new to the industry but all the mass market suppliers seem to be heading into the coloured clearcoats. Renault have it - think they call it Mars red.

Last edited:

Bestseany

Jun 30, 2017
I believe this is because Desire Red is a red tinted clearcoat which adds depth and the final colour appearance as opposed to the others which are 2 hit metallic with traditional clearcoat added. It's not new to the industry but all the mass market suppliers seem to be heading into the coloured clearcoats. Renault have it - think they call it Mars red.

I think I know the colour you mean as I’ve seen recent Clios with a really deep shiny red paint job. Looks really good.

dsj20v

Dec 6, 2007
hampshire
It's not a coloured clear coat pretty much nobody use that in oem paint finishes. It's just a 3stage pearl where the ground coat (1st coat of base) will be of a similar colour then a 2nd colour of Base, normally clear binder with the pearl tinters will be applied over the top then clear coated. The mazda sol red uses a silver Base before pearl to give its depth as does the new lexus which uses a pinky silver, desire red uses like orangy/terracotta base before its pearl

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
It may well be a Pearl basecoat 2 on top of the red in this case, I don't know how Martorell is setup. However coloured clearcoats are used at Renault Nissan Alliance sites around the globe on hundreds of thousands of units per year so clearly it is used within the industry.

Last edited:

dsj20v

Dec 6, 2007
hampshire
I don't know what Nissan alliance sites are but all main oem supplying paint manufacturers ie glasurit, ppg, sikkens, ici, spies hecker all have clear clearcoats, maybe in the past when solvent base coat was around you could have tinted clears or in the custom world but now everything has to be cost effective it makes no sense to produce said tinted clearcoats, especially when the Base coat is waterbased but clears are solvent based. Even in the factory's they're scrimping on paint film thickness, I'm by all means not knocking you just putting a bit of useful/throwaway info out there

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
I’ve ordered DSG ACC and winter pack. Love ACC in my Golf R... use it constantly.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
I don't know what Nissan alliance sites are but all main oem supplying paint manufacturers ie glasurit, ppg, sikkens, ici, spies hecker all have clear clearcoats, maybe in the past when solvent base coat was around you could have tinted clears or in the custom world but now everything has to be cost effective it makes no sense to produce said tinted clearcoats, especially when the Base coat is waterbased but clears are solvent based. Even in the factory's they're scrimping on paint film thickness, I'm by all means not knocking you just putting a bit of useful/throwaway info out there

No worries dude. I work in the OEM paint business for those said suppliers so fully aware what's out there and how it's achieved.

Matt

Apr 27, 2016

All ordered now here is the link, will need to tick a few boxes and make sure its on personal contract hire.. Wont let me send URL yet but company name below.
all vehicle contracts

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
All ordered now here is the link, will need to tick a few boxes and make sure its on personal contract hire.. Wont let me send URL yet but company name below.
all vehicle contracts
Thanks Matt :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.