Cupra tyres

Liam0161

Apr 23, 2017
Manchester
Has anyone got any recommendations for tyres? I’m looking at Goodyear Eagle assymetric 3s at eh minute if anyone has any experience with them. In 235/35/19 for a cupra 280

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Don’t think you can fault the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s :)

Seat Leon Cupra 290 DSG Black Edition (Alor Blue)
Performance: Racingline OEM+ Stage Two Mapping | Racingline R600 Intake | Racingline Turbo Inlet Pipe | Racingline Turbo Elbow | Racingline Muffler Delete | OEM NGK Audi RS7 Spark Plugs | 034 Motorsport Dogbone Mount | GFB DV+ | Milltek Large Bore Downpipe | Pipewerx Custom Cat Back Exhaust | Forge Turbo Blanket
Interior: Koonlung K1S Dash Cam with BlackVue Power Magic Pro
Exterior: TRC Front Splitter | Foliatec Exhaust Paint Gloss Black

Liam0161

Apr 23, 2017
Manchester
Don’t think you can fault the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s :)

Performance: Racingline OEM+ Stage Two Mapping | Racingline R600 Intake | Racingline Turbo Inlet Pipe | Racingline Turbo Elbow | Racingline Muffler Delete | OEM NGK Audi RS7 Spark Plugs | 034 Motorsport Dogbone Mount | GFB DV+ | Milltek Large Bore Downpipe | Pipewerx Custom Cat Back Exhaust | Forge Turbo Blanket
I know but very expensive. Do I really need them on my daily?

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I know but very expensive. Do I really need them on my daily?

They are expensive, but they are well worth it. Never had a problem with them, they grip and grip, great in wet and dry, and they really help with the horrible wheel hop.

I done a lot of shopping around and got them on a great deal with Black Circles in May 2016, about £500 for all four, including fitting. I’ve had them on since then and done over 12k on them. Fronts may need changing soon but I’ll be getting the same again.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
They are expensive, but they are well worth it. Never had a problem with them, they grip and grip, great in wet and dry, and they really help with the horrible wheel hop.

I done a lot of shopping around and got them on a great deal with Black Circles in May 2016, about £500 for all four, including fitting. I’ve had them on since then and done over 12k on them. Fronts may need changing soon but I’ll be getting the same again.

*done over 17k on them

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Has anyone got any recommendations for tyres? I’m looking at Goodyear Eagle assymetric 3s at eh minute if anyone has any experience with them. In 235/35/19 for a cupra 280
I just put a set of the assy 3's on my 280. They are decent tyres but not as good as I was expecting. I just couldn't justify the extra cost of the Michelins as the car is a daily driver.

Much better than the stock Bridgestone 'ditch finders' though!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Any of the premium tyres will do the job for most people but if you want the best IMO I'd go for the Michelin PS4S but they are going to set you back around £700 for all 4 which is painful but you'll know you have a fantastic tyre under you or even go for the cheaper Michelin PS4 which is still really good.

Liam0161

Apr 23, 2017
Manchester
I currently have Michelin super sports on the front and I the Bridgestone potenzas on the back. I’ve heard many people say good things about the pilot sport 4s it’s just trying to convince myself they are worth the money, as most of my driving is to and from work etc. I’m sure the Goodyear will be just fine but I’ve worked it out I can get the pilot sport 4s for £120 more for a set of 4. Decisions decisions...

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I use mine every day for commuting, and then every evening and weekend for general travelling to shops, friends etc. I’m not light footed either. I’m really surprised they’ve lasted so long to be honest.

Liam0161

Apr 23, 2017
Manchester
I use mine every day for commuting, and then every evening and weekend for general travelling to shops, friends etc. I’m not light footed either. I’m really surprised they’ve lasted so long to be honest.

It’s good to know that they don’t wear down too quickly. I did look into uniroyal rainsport as I heard good things about them too as a cheaper option. However I heard you’d be lucky to get 8k+ out of them which is not good.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
My commute is a 70 mile round trip - mixture of motorway and A roads. I never expected to get 17k from them. I regularly check the tread and I’ve a bit left on the fronts. May have to change them in a month or two - or when I get my car back from Racingline as I’ve no idea how much they’ve been using the tyres

Liam0161

Apr 23, 2017
Manchester
My commute is a 70 mile round trip - mixture of motorway and A roads. I never expected to get 17k from them. I regularly check the tread and I’ve a bit left on the fronts. May have to change them in a month or two - or when I get my car back from Racingline as I’ve no idea how much they’ve been using the tyres

My commute is about 3 miles and takes about 10 minutes so I don’t get much opportunity to put my foot down and use the power. And my girlfriend lives 30 seconds down the road haha. So it’s just a case of whether paying so much for tyres would be a waste if I’m hardly using the power.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
PS4S on my Golf R - brilliant tyre - as fast in the wet as in the dry. They didn't win the EVO tyre test for nothing - and that was on a front wheel drive car.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Benjiman

Sep 20, 2014
Bristol
Been running eagle ass 3's for a few sets, they're a very good tyre, and I was happy to replace like for like again, I've been through many other tyres on the cupra, and liked these.

Decided to try the ps4s', absolutely another league. Incredible tyre, I won't be fitting anything else on the car again. Worth every penny.

funkythumbs

Sep 8, 2017
Michelin PS4 S - what a tyre

Fitted at the weekend, its cold and wet, only a hint of spin in 1st and no wheel hop.

Car feels mighty on them I cant recommend them enough, superb tyres

cupraboss

Dec 27, 2015
Dont consider anything other than the Michelin PS4S. I took the goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 3 with 5mm left off the front because they were average at best. Now running PS4S i can get so much more power down that it has transformed the car. I have a high output stage 1 remap on the car so its likely running 360-370 BHP and i was starting to regret that decision until i put PS4S on the car

I am that sold on the PS4S that i am going to put a set on my 2012 Audi RS5 which will cost me >£1000

Liam0161

Apr 23, 2017
Manchester
Yeah thanks for the replies. Think I’m going to go with the Michelin ps4s. May sting the wallet a bit but if they are as good as I’ve been told it may be worth it. Also if they last a bit longer they may actually work out cheaper in the long run!!

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
Safe to say my oem conti sport 5s things on my cupra 290 have totally run out of talent in this weather.

Granted its below 5degress, damp, slippy and chilly but still spinning in 3rd gear . And that's in individual mode with eco on. They still have 4mm on them too. 1st gear I am changing at 2.5k rpm as already spinning up. I had a decent understeer moment at roundabout too as low speed. Woke me up this morning that's for sure.

Do yourself a favour and spend the extra £ on the ps4s as its a false economy otherwise and they sou d like a great tyre even in this crappy weather. Winters would be far better I know

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise