Fuel prices??

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I’m no techie.
Said bigger bang. Probably the wrong words to use.
Just meant more Umph!
No idea on sizes of Bangs!
I’m presuming ( which is dangerous ) that higher the Ron the better the combustion which in turn leads to more power?
Had to splash and dash in a garage with no premium fuel a while back.
You certainly notice when the car is running on 95 Ron.
Not happy at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
When I bought my car I had to put normal shitty fuel in and when I got home and filled up with v power you could deffo tell the car was a lot happier!!

Won’t ever use that **** again!

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
I used to always use Morrisons diesel as it's convenient for me to fill up near work but I found my car ran slightly better with Shell V-Power diesel so I try and fill up at Shell stations if possible. Same with my Mrs RAV4 Diesel. Gone off supermarkets for fuel.

Get 550 miles out of a £60 fill on mine. Laaaavly.

GarryC

Ex Piper RS chappie
Oct 17, 2017
Ashford, Kent
Shell V-Power is 125.9 locally.

I always ran mine on that and get around 340 - 370 for a tank (£64 fill up) on my LCR.

When I did have to use a couple of tanks of supermarket fuel, I got around 300 - 310 and the car just didnt run as smooth. Worth paying the small premium in my eyes.

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
I used to always use Morrisons diesel as it's convenient for me to fill up near work but I found my car ran slightly better with Shell V-Power diesel so I try and fill up at Shell stations if possible. Same with my Mrs RAV4 Diesel. Gone off supermarkets for fuel.

Get 550 miles out of a £60 fill on mine. Laaaavly.

I have always used the local Morrisons and get the same tank range, get a couple of long steady motorways journeys in and it gets nearer to 560+.

And those £5 vouchers do mount up!

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
I have always used the local Morrisons and get the same tank range, get a couple of long steady motorways journeys in and it gets nearer to 560+.

And those £5 vouchers do mount up!

Yeah the range is neither here nor there between them but I have felt a little more oomph from the Shell fuel. Maybe its more psychological... there were a few horror stories round here of bad fuel at Mozzers a bit back so made me paranoid too I guess.

They've stopped doing the £5 vouchers at mine too! :(

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Bloody V Power is 129.9 round me. I bite the bullet. A must have as there’s no Momentum round here.

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
Bloody V Power is 129.9 round me. I bite the bullet. A must have as there’s no Momentum round here.

Last time I used the v power it was £1.32 pl
I can’t seem to find any Tesco momentum either but with people saying that it’s so cheap at nearly the price as normal petrol I want to try some!

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Last time I used the v power it was £1.32 pl
I can’t seem to find any Tesco momentum either but with people saying that it’s so cheap at nearly the price as normal petrol I want to try some!

It’s been 5 years since I used Momentum as it’s now a long journey so burn the saving getting there.
When I did use it , it performed properly and yes bloody good value.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.