MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

JimH

Cupra 300 ST DSG 4Drive
May 23, 2015
Norwich, UK
I believe it's included in the warranty for year 1, and then renewed for free if services are booked online (for non-lease deals at least - leases may differ...)

Bestseany

Jun 30, 2017
My lease with VWFS includes breakdown cover for the whole agreement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyP

Sep 5, 2017
Manchester
So I've had my 300 for a month today and I'm really impressed with it. Fuel economy is a bit ropey but saying that I've been playing with it a bit and I've had the sound actuator turned down as it sounds awful. It's my 1st SEAT and I'm pleasantly surprised with the build quality, I think I'm converted . The monsoon grey is awesome, the day I got it it was parked in the sun and it just suits the st lines.

Wonky2348

Wonky
Jan 21, 2016
Hi Andy. Glad your loving the 300. When you say the fuel economy is a bit ropey. What kind of MPG are you talking about? I've got a 2010 Ibiza Cupra at the moment and looking to upgrade to the 300 and was interested to see how it compares. Yeah I know mines only a 1.4 Twin, but was hoping to see similar kind of MPG figures.

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
Hi Andy. Glad your loving the 300. When you say the fuel economy is a bit ropey. What kind of MPG are you talking about? I've got a 2010 Ibiza Cupra at the moment and looking to upgrade to the 300 and was interested to see how it compares. Yeah I know mines only a 1.4 Twin, but was hoping to see similar kind of MPG figures.

I have had my 300 for nearly 2 weeks and have covered 200 miles approximately. Mixture of short journeys and motor drives, I have averaged 22mpg. I’d be lying if I said I haven’t had some “adventurous” moments though.

Wonky2348

Wonky
Jan 21, 2016
I have had my 300 for nearly 2 weeks and have covered 200 miles approximately. Mixture of short journeys and motor drives, I have averaged 22mpg. I’d be lying if I said I haven’t had some “adventurous” moments though.

I'm guessing that's not too bad then. If I drive like Miss Daisy on my compute a can scrape mid 30's (MPG), but where's the fun in that.
Is it worth me upgrading. Decisions Decisions...

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
So I've had my 300 for a month today and I'm really impressed with it. Fuel economy is a bit ropey but saying that I've been playing with it a bit and I've had the sound actuator turned down as it sounds awful. It's my 1st SEAT and I'm pleasantly surprised with the build quality, I think I'm converted . The monsoon grey is awesome, the day I got it it was parked in the sun and it just suits the st lines.

I am averaging 27mpg at the minute from about 400 miles. What have you achieved?

hepstar7

Oct 6, 2017
I’m getting just over 30. Been in CUPRA mode the whole time and I’ve been giving it the beans. Can’t go too nuts because of the weather mind you

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
I’m getting just over 30. Been in CUPRA mode the whole time and I’ve been giving it the beans. Can’t go too nuts because of the weather mind you

People keep asking me to take them out in mine but I just say there is no point at the minute. Roll on summer.

hepstar7

Oct 6, 2017
People keep asking me to take them out in mine but I just say there is no point at the minute. Roll on summer.

Had fun scaring the mother in law and Mum. That was just with straight line acceleration though. Warm weather cornering would result in incontinence I think lol

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
Had fun scaring the mother in law and Mum. That was just with straight line acceleration though. Warm weather cornering would result in incontinence I think lol

Had similar with my Mum. She thought it was broken but it was just the DSG farts.

hepstar7

Oct 6, 2017
Had similar with my Mum. She thought it was broken but it was just the DSG farts.

Haha magic. Mines not DSG so no farts for me. Get pops and bangs if I rev it when stationary though. Sounds great

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Haha magic. Mines not DSG so no farts for me. Get pops and bangs if I rev it when stationary though. Sounds great

Are you able to get any, pops crackles on downshifts? I.e with rev matching.
Watched a few vids with drivers seemingly getting similar noises from the manual, albeit less consistently.

Last edited:

hepstar7

Oct 6, 2017
Are you able to get any, pops crackles on downshifts? I.e with rev matching.
Watched a few vids with drivers seemingly getting similar noises from the manual, albeit less consistently.

I’ve managed it once so far. Haven’t really tried too much though. Still too busy having fun just driving

AndyP

Sep 5, 2017
Manchester

So I’ve done 800 miles since I picked it up done a couple of long journeys but it’s mainly short blasts, I’ve not checked the mpg but I’m getting between 280-330 miles to a tank. When I can I have been a bit liberal with the right foot though.

Don’t think about upgrading just do it you won’t be sorry.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Placed an order for mystery blue st 4drive yesterday. Went with SS, winter pack and ACC options. The long wait starts now!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.