Any Pic's Of Mystery Blue Cupra 5 Door's Coming Thro' ?

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
I saw one today. Absolutely no help to you as I don't have a picture, but it looked good. Darker than I thought. Think is will look great in the sun.

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
Just check the Google link above. I'm waiting for mine in mystery blue but it's an SC. Can't help thinking the front bumper with the black section looks much better on my 280 and not a fan of the fog lights either, just makes the front look all FR. I like the subtle cupra look but now it's gone almost invisible. No wonder you hardly see them with the inbuilt cloaking system :thumbd:

eek

Jun 21, 2015
This one is for sale pulmanusedcars.co.uk/used-cars/seat/leon-5dr-2016-2-0-tsi-cupra-300-dsg
Could someone buy it before I get tempted.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Just check the Google link above. I'm waiting for mine in mystery blue but it's an SC. Can't help thinking the front bumper with the black section looks much better on my 280 and not a fan of the fog lights either, just makes the front look all FR. I like the subtle cupra look but now it's gone almost invisible. No wonder you hardly see them with the inbuilt cloaking system :thumbd:

I'm in 100% agreement. I use to prefer both the part behind the number plate and the front lip blacked out.

When I look at a 280/290 I see it as being more aggressive than the 300.
Put them side by side though and the 300 edges it IMO.

It is alot harder to spot the difference between it and an FR now though.
Shame they reverted back to the separate fog cluster. The bigger intakes may have done it.

The ultimate sleeper car.

Benmac

Jan 7, 2018
I'm in 100% agreement. I use to prefer both the part behind the number plate and the front lip blacked out.

When I look at a 280/290 I see it as being more aggressive than the 300.
Put them side by side though and the 300 edges it IMO.

It is alot harder to spot the difference between it and an FR now though.
Shame they reverted back to the separate fog cluster. The bigger intakes may have done it.

The ultimate sleeper car.

Yep, I like the slightly sleeper nature of mine. I am actually toying with debadging it, painting the calipers black and getting the wheels redone in grey rather than the black and diamond cut finish to complete the effect.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Yep, I like the slightly sleeper nature of mine. I am actually toying with debadging it, painting the calipers black and getting the wheels redone in grey rather than the black and diamond cut finish to complete the effect.

You'll have to upload if you go through with the above.
Mines a lease so I can't be as adventurous with the personalising.

I've ordered the blades and was hoping to get the front lip but was told it wasn't compatible with the Cupra.

I thought about debadging originally but there wasn't an option on the configurator. So I've gone the other way and have ordered the black badging.
I have this on my 280 as standard and looks better than the silver IMHO.

Benmac

Jan 7, 2018
Will do. Are the blades the bits that go on the edges of the rear screen? If so, mine is missing those too.

Where did you get them from and how much? Also, how much of a faff are they to fit, do you know?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Will do. Are the blades the bits that go on the edges of the rear screen? If so, mine is missing those too.

Where did you get them from and how much? Also, how much of a faff are they to fit, do you know?

No but I know what you are referring to I have them on the 280 under the roof spoiler. As far as I knew it was a standard fit in the UK (but could be wrong)

There is thread on here which lists the part number and what's involved. I'll see see if I can find it and link to it.

The blades I'm talking about fit to the Sill under the doors, they are the skirts from the PP.

Benmac

Jan 7, 2018
Ah yes, that's the things. Right, added to the little list I'm developing.

As far as side skirts go my car has them! I only noticed on Saturday and when I checked back they're not on the car in the pictures in the advert! I'm certainly not complaining!

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Ah yes, that's the things. Right, added to the little list I'm developing.

As far as side skirts go my car has them! I only noticed on Saturday and when I checked back they're not on the car in the pictures in the advert! I'm certainly not complaining!

Had them and didn't realize, lucky sod :D
They are not cheap.
Do you have the proper skirts? - they look better than the blades I ordered.

Benmac

Jan 7, 2018
Quite! I was surprised. I'm guessing just the blades as they don't cover the whole sills and seem to be just stuck on. They look like this:

24964544007_ee2b069aa3_k.jpg

39802624632_b286b715f4_k.jpg

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Quite! I was surprised. I'm guessing just the blades as they don't cover the whole sills and seem to be just stuck on. They look like this:

24964544007_ee2b069aa3_k.jpg

39802624632_b286b715f4_k.jpg

That's what I've ordered around £400 as an option.
They do look smart on that.
Don't see many without the performance pack wheels as well.
Look much better on the standard wheels IMHO.
:thumbup:

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I'm going to remove side skirts from my current 280 before it goes back, repaint and install on 300. I think the fuller side skirts give a lower stance to the car but I wouldn't complain if my St came with blades from factory ;)

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I'm going to remove side skirts from my current 280 before it goes back, repaint and install on 300. I think the fuller side skirts give a lower stance to the car but I wouldn't complain if my St came with blades from factory ;)

Good move. Saw a few pics and they provide a better stance.
I was told by my dealer that I couldn't order them for a 300 and so I chose the blades

Would have made a big difference on my 280 with the wheels

WAfxs5w.jpg