Advice on abandoned car on my drive

lee123

Jul 27, 2006
Birmingham
My friend one had this happen to him. We didn't have access to wheel dollies so we jacked the car up enough to slide metal trays under each wheel, then we slid it out onto the road about 100 yards from his house. Removed the metal trays and left it there.
When the woman finally knocked to ask why her car had move my friend denied all knowledge of it ever being on his drive.

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015
A trolley jack under the back axle and a good push (preferably onto some double yellows as previously said) should sort the problem!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pinky

Sep 27, 2015
I would just drag it or lift it off my property and dump it in the street.

No criminal law broken so Police have no interest.

If it was a gt4 or Carlos Sainz, i'd try to keep hold off it

almas09

Jul 31, 2017
lol interesting ideas there
Went down to the station yesterday after work and they refused to contact the owner.

I think I now have an idea of what needs to be done, hopefully if all goes well it should be off my property without any damage by this weekend.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Good luck, make sure you find some double yellows to compensate you for the annoyance ;)

simaservis1108

Jan 4, 2018
Well I can't believe what am I reading here.
In our country(Serbia) if someone parks on your driveway,you can call the town tow service for improperly parked cars.
Car gets towed and the owner gets a ticket at around 100 pounds.

Reactions: LouG

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Well I can't believe what am I reading here.
In our country(Serbia) if someone parks on your driveway,you can call the town tow service for improperly parked cars.
Car gets towed and the owner gets a ticket at around 100 pounds.

In the UK the law is fekkin stupid

If someone blocks you from getting OFF your drive - the police will get involved
If someone blocks you from getting ON your drive the police don't give a sh*t

Greg2904

Dec 27, 2017
I can't believe how understanding you're being, I'd have this off my drive in 24 hours! Chuck it in the middle of the road or on some double yellows like people have suggested.

Can't believe the cheek of some people! Make sure to provide an update OP! Good luck.

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
I would have smashed the window, released handbrake and pushed it into middle of road - then phone plod and say someone attempted to steal it, they'd then recover it and charge owner storage fees if they didn't collect

almas09

Jul 31, 2017
I will be sensible ofcourse haha
I just didn't get a chance to take any action this week due to work but have the weekend to myself to get this matter sorted asap.

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
That's mad! Is it a private driveway beside your house or is it like a communal driveway shared by residents?

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
No offence, but I would not have debated this for two days. 2 minutes after I checked with my neighbours it would have been in the middle of the road.

Leon Gone

Dec 26, 2017
Years ago myself and 3 other colleagues came out of college to find our cars blocked in by a car (Granada) parked across the back of us. We looked round and could see no one looking so we bounced the car sufficiently to get our cars out. We then bounced the car back so it was occupying 3 parking spots. At that point we removed all the tyre valves and threw them far far away.

Hopefully when he returned he had ticket (tickets) for parking in multiple spaces and a big bill for calling out a tyre repair man to replace valves and pump up tyres.

Never saw it in the car park again.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I think it's just a case of the Police being lazy, technically the owner has broken the law, I am sure this would be categorised as trespass which is an offence, so the police should obtain the details of the registered keeper and contact them.

It is on private land so a civil matter only. Trespass on private land is also a civil matter only. Hence police cannot actually do anything within their powers, as the police deal with criminal not civil matters in terms of the law. Sometimes our law really is as much use as a chocolate teapot :cry:

As it is on private land you DO have the right to remove it, although without causing any damage otherwise you are liable - but how could they prove you damaged the vehicle if you moved it to a dodgy car park with frequent car breaks, ASB ect...

Personally it does sound like it has been dumped, if left for a long while the police can but an abandoned marker on it on PNC, then wait a bit longer and the council will remove it.

But, you still have an abandoned car on your drive for a long time :(

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Hi all,

Woke up on sunday 21/01 to find a black Celica parked on my drive.
Unknown to myself or neighbours, owner hasn't returned and to add more fusration, council or police can't do anything about it because it's taxed.

I'm thinking of getting it towed away to another street, but police say if it is damaged, I can be charged for it
:censored:
Any suggestions?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvudndbxbyv4r0s/Photo 21-01-2018, 10 43 23.jpg?dl=0

Have you managed to resolve this yet. Have been following this thread hoping you get a satisfactory outcome.
I would be absolutely[:@][:@] if if was me, whoever left it there is a cheeky :censored: imho

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Same here post the resolution!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise