Mk1 Cupra R Track car.....build thread.....with Photos!

Hedgehog Dodger

Aug 28, 2016
Nice. She must be some fun on the road with what you have already done to it. Do you have plans to go BT? Also what happened to the evo?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Evo sold. Went on Monday last week.

Its great fun but only done 4k in a year. Dont really drive it and not completed a traxk day

Last edited:

Hedgehog Dodger

Aug 28, 2016
To be honest I have been speak to the mechanic amd he has strongly advised against the front wings.

The reason I wanted them was to fit a wider rim on the front so I could put a wider tyre on for more grip and he said it would make the car handle like a pig.

He said a good suspension setup and a remap so its not as torquey low down would reduce the traction loss. So I am getting it remapped now instead.

To be honest I have been speak to the mechanic amd he has strongly advised against the front wings.

The reason I wanted them was to fit a wider rim on the front so I could put a wider tyre on for more grip and he said it would make the car handle like a pig.

He said a good suspension setup and a remap so its not as torquey low down would reduce the traction loss. So I am getting it remapped now instead.

That mean they are for sale? I’m running 9j all round. Also another thing are you going to cage it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Nice. Who's going to map it?
ARB's help but I'm looking at a LSD to keep the power down in the corners.
It's the only weak spot for the LCR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hedgehog Dodger

Aug 28, 2016
That mean they are for sale? I’m running 9j all round. Also another thing are you going to cage it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They might be. I do admit it looks beasty with them on (not fitted just hung next to).

I have a set of JRacing bronze 9j from an old skyline which has the 5 x 100 stud pattern on when wheel. This is what I was going to fit.

Not 100% made my mind up.

Hedgehog Dodger

Aug 28, 2016
Nice. Who's going to map it?
ARB's help but I'm looking at a LSD to keep the power down in the corners.
It's the only weak spot for the LCR.

Me too.

But I have just had my paddle clutch fitted and dont really want to shell out so soon to have everything removed again.

I think I am going to map it and see how that goes. If ot still struggles then prob go down big turbo and rod job and aim for 350HP then get diff. I even considered a full running gear change from a TT but that would need a load of welding and flooring cut which can be a nightmare to get road legal.

I looked at a Wavetrak LSD but your looking at £1000 fitted.

There is a chap in Runcorn who maps cars and its only 25 mins away. He did my mates R26 Megane and thats a hoot.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Me too.

But I have just had my paddle clutch fitted and dont really want to shell out so soon to have everything removed again.

I think I am going to map it and see how that goes. If ot still struggles then prob go down big turbo and rod job and aim for 350HP then get diff. I even considered a full running gear change from a TT but that would need a load of welding and flooring cut which can be a nightmare to get road legal.

I looked at a Wavetrak LSD but your looking at £1000 fitted.

There is a chap in Runcorn who maps cars and its only 25 mins away. He did my mates R26 Megane and thats a hoot.

Yeah a whole heap of money. But best done before you achieve 350 gee gees or it’ll be a nightmare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hedgehog Dodger

Aug 28, 2016
Hi

Bilsteins are on and H&R ARB's. Another oil and filter change and fuel filter was corroded and leaking.

Car has been transformed and handles really well. Booked trackday for the 7th March.

Booked into.Unicorn for a custom map next week. Should be interesting

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Hi

Bilsteins are on and H&R ARB's. Another oil and filter change and fuel filter was corroded and leaking.

Car has been transformed and handles really well. Booked trackday for the 7th March.

Booked into.Unicorn for a custom map next week. Should be interesting
Golf r boys seem to love this tuner. Comes highly recommended. What's the cost of the custom map from them?

Hedgehog Dodger

Aug 28, 2016
Golf r boys seem to love this tuner. Comes highly recommended. What's the cost of the custom map from them?

I have never heard of them TBH and Badger5 is just too far away. As you say Golf R and S3 lads love it on forums so gave them a call. Cost is 350.00 all in. Dyno before and after which not a lot of people do (Never got it with me Revo)

Last edited:

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
I have never heard of them TBH and Badger5 is just too far away. As you say Golf R and S3 lads love it on forums so gave them a call. Cost is 350.00 all in. Dyno before and after which not a lot of people do (Never got it with me Revo)
350 isn't bad for the work done.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex

Happy days.
What are you looking to squeeze out of it?
Post up your Dino sheets.
Good luck.

Hedgehog Dodger

Aug 28, 2016
Dyno to follow.

Revo Map 256BHP and 320 ftlbs. Both peaking at 3500 revs and then dropping faintly to 4500 then steeply to 7000 revs. A little bit deisel like to be honest but the car did feel quick but ran out of puff.

Rick said dropping the torque and having a flatter curve would be benficial on track.

Results are now 280BHP and 300 ftlbs.

Happy with the results bit it was raining hard when I left so couldnt try it or the flat lift. Tried the launch control which TBH is more for amusement than anything.

Will take car out at weekend of its dry to give it a whirl.

:)

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise