Seat Ibiza Cupra 2018????

Wonky2348

Wonky
Jan 21, 2016
I’ve been into two separate Seat dealerships and have heard the same story from both, that there WILL be a NEW Ibiza Cupra.

I’ve not been able to find any concrete proof on the web to confirm this though???

Apparently they are going to go mad with the Cupra brand this year and next which includes an Ateca and Ibiza.

Any ideas how true this is? Do I hold off ordering my Leon Cupra??

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
I’ve not been able to find any concrete proof on the web to confirm this though???
Because there isn't any. Nothing has been announced yet.

All we have been told is there are plans to expand the CUPRA brand. Anyone at dealer level telling you more than that is guessing/making stuff up.

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
I’ve been into two separate Seat dealerships and have heard the same story from both, that there WILL be a NEW Ibiza Cupra.

Apparently they are going to go mad with the Cupra brand this year and next which includes an Ateca and Ibiza.

Any ideas how true this is? Do I hold off ordering my Leon Cupra??

You could be waiting years though if you’re waiting for one....

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
Now that cupra is it's own brand, I'd expect to see the Ibiza and ateca cupra this year.

I guess that was the delay on the Ibiza - why release it when it'll be it's own mark in a year.

It is! 22days to go. Be a bit like the Abrath and Fiat.
Not sure how I feel about it considering I got the 1.5 Ibiza thinking it was the most powerful. We’ll see!

Just had a look at the legal part of the Cupra brand. It’s actually Legally called Seat Sport.

Last edited:

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
It's got rear electric windows so should please a few folk here. :)

Praise the lord. My biggest bugbear with my 2016 FR 150 is the manual windows in the rear - they are embarrassing. I make the kids wait until no one is around before they get in or out. (Only a slight exaggeration!)

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
I'm sure some will disagree, but I've got to admit, I'm not a fan at all.

The badge looks horrific, and they've just chavved the rest of the car up. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it'll be a fun thing to drive, but I just couldn't live with the rest of it.

Much prefer the current Seat Cupras, like the Leon - great performance and subtle but purposeful style.

If this is what the Cupra brand will be, I think they'll lose a lot of the Cupra customer base, which is a big shame, as recent Seat Cupras have been brilliant.

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
I'm sure some will disagree, but I've got to admit, I'm not a fan at all.

The badge looks horrific, and they've just chavved the rest of the car up. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it'll be a fun thing to drive, but I just couldn't live with the rest of it.

Much prefer the current Seat Cupras, like the Leon - great performance and subtle but purposeful style.

If this is what the Cupra brand will be, I think they'll lose a lot of the Cupra customer base, which is a big shame, as recent Seat Cupras have been brilliant.

I agree to an extent. Not a fan of the looks. Maybe different trims will be more pleasing. Honestly think the 1.5 remapped and modded a bit could be the best thing to a cupra. I hope anyway as that’s what I’m doing.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
The dash pad looks pretty naff in that picture, they should have made it alcantara with an horizontal offset stripe of the carbon fibre looking trim - this would march the steering wheel and door cards better

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.