Interior/boot light no longer working

JamieHutch

Jan 19, 2018

I replaced the interior light with a 42mm festoon LED off eBay which worked perfectly and was much brighter than halogen, I then went to replace the boot light as well and I know the light shouldn't really be on while you're replacing it but being in the boot it automatically was on. The LED i put in was very dim, and now the original halogen doesn't work either? The main interior LED is also very dim when it's supposed to be on, and only brightens slightly from being switched off. Appreciate any help as it's winter and i'm getting bored of fumbling my keys in the dark haha

Cupra_Bod

Oct 10, 2014

I replaced the interior light with a 42mm festoon LED off eBay which worked perfectly and was much brighter than halogen, I then went to replace the boot light as well and I know the light shouldn't really be on while you're replacing it but being in the boot it automatically was on. The LED i put in was very dim, and now the original halogen doesn't work either? The main interior LED is also very dim when it's supposed to be on, and only brightens slightly from being switched off. Appreciate any help as it's winter and i'm getting bored of fumbling my keys in the dark haha

Sounds silly but have you checked fuses?

JamieHutch

Jan 19, 2018
Hi, thanks for the reply, I checked the fuse box and there wasn’t a fuse in place for the interior light at all which is a bit worrying, I’ve since put one in but clearly that won’t help since there wasn’t one there in the first place

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.