Options affecting Leon lead times

JimH

Cupra 300 ST DSG 4Drive
May 23, 2015
Norwich, UK
Depends where you are in the country.

Assuming your car was ordered as a sold order by your dealership then it will either go into Tyne (for dealerships in roughly the top half of the UK - including Scotland and Northern Ireland) or Sheerness (for dealerships roughly in the bottom half).

From mid-February a third delivery port is being be added at Grimsby, which will cover the middle third of the UK (including all of Wales and Northern Ireland) roughly from the M4 upwards,

Mine's heading for Bristol, and I'm in Norwich (and so is my dealer)... :confused:

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
My car arrived at the dealership today. Collection set for the 10th. Can’t wait

Will update the spreadsheet with changes later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Not waiting for an 18 plate?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Not much point. It’s on PCH so the residual value doesn’t affect me. Plus I have a private plate that I always going to put on at some point. Would’ve been nice to have the 18 plate but it just means I’ll put my private one on sooner.

Anyone know if there is a fee for this on PCH? Already paid the DVLA fee. I had hoped to register it with the private one but was told that I can’t do that and that I’ll have to do it after collection.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Anyone know if there is a fee for this on PCH?
They will charge you an admin fee. £25 from memory.

You will need to add VWFS (UK) Ltd as a Nominee on your retention document before you can do the transfer, as the car is registered to them not you.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Well this is the link my dealer gave me......
I don't doubt that that ship will go into Avonmouth/Portbury, but your car will not be coming off it there as SEAT only bring cars into Sheerness and Tyne (and soon Grimsby).

JimH

Cupra 300 ST DSG 4Drive
May 23, 2015
Norwich, UK
I don't doubt that that ship will go into Avonmouth/Portbury, but your car will not be coming off it there as SEAT only bring cars into Sheerness and Tyne (and soon Grimsby).

So Rotterdam next on the 2nd, then Bremerhaven on the 4th, then back across the North Sea you reckon?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Not much point. It’s on PCH so the residual value doesn’t affect me. Plus I have a private plate that I always going to put on at some point. Would’ve been nice to have the 18 plate but it just means I’ll put my private one on sooner.

Anyone know if there is a fee for this on PCH? Already paid the DVLA fee. I had hoped to register it with the private one but was told that I can’t do that and that I’ll have to do it after collection.

Great news mate.

Yeah there is an admin fee for the transfer of the private plate when you update the v750.

Not sure on VWFS price but some of the lease companies were charging around £35 (plus VAT)

scrogg is probably on the money though as per.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
So Rotterdam next on the 2nd, then Bremerhaven on the 4th, then back across the North Sea you reckon?
Pass. Sorry. I was under the impression the SEAT ships went from Barcelona to Setubal (Portugal - to collect Alhambra) to Emden to Sheerness to Tyne.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Seat Leon Hatchback 2.0 TSI Cupra 300 DSG Orange
Lease type:
Personal Contract Hire
Start date:
-
End date:
-
Term:
36 Months

Order processed22/01/2018
Anticipated due date to dealer 18/06/2018

Reason for delay...I'm told just because its a Cupra

Did you order with any options?

I have been waiting since september for my new leon 1.8 fr dsg with a ton of options on it and was originally told 4th week of January but has been delayed until end of Febuary now , so decided to call the local dealer and ask them to register in March instead and was given the thumbs up on that and a cheque for £250 for delay. So win win for me.

What options did you go for and what date did you order?

This is an interesting thread and I am glad I stumbled upon it. I originally ordered my Leon back end of October with an estimated delivery month of May.

The issue at the time of ordering was one of the icentives was the car has to be registered before Mach 2018. However with the current lead times (at the time) the dealer had to check their position as the car in theory wouldn’t be ready in time. A week of waiting and the dealer confirmed that SEAT would have to honour the deal.

Fast forward to this week and I contacted SEAT customer services and they confirmed a week 5 build. With that being said (this could be a stupid question) would my dealer register the car without physically having the car?

If it is a week 5 build is the likelyhood it won’t be delivered until mid March?

I too would want the car registered with an 18 plate.

My car is also PCP.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

What did you order and when? Did you order with any optional extras? I'll add you to the spreadsheet.

I did post further up but too hard scrolling back on the phone. Can you update ours? It should show that we have the optional 18s (30/3 I think they are)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Done

Mine was originally unconfirmed week 15 then 5 then 12 and now 8 haha, will come when it comes I guess, desire red Dsg cupra 5dr no options

When did you order?

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
They will charge you an admin fee. £25 from memory.

You will need to add VWFS (UK) Ltd as a Nominee on your retention document before you can do the transfer, as the car is registered to them not you.

That's reasonable, I don't mind paying that. When I was shopping around before ordering I noticed that some of the lease brokers charged in excess of £150!!

One reason why I choose to go via a dealer, that and the fact there was no admin fee.

Anyone looking at PCH, try What Car leasing. Dealers advertise their PCH deals on there and I found them to always be cheaper than the brokers!

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Just been reading through this long thread, how all over the place is the order date lead to build and delivery dates! Well one to add if you like is:
Leon FR 1.4tsi, just metallic paint as an option, ordered 17th Oct 17, confirmed build week of 4, apparently is now en route to U.K. (Getting excited now )

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.