Dilemma

marcuscupra300

Jan 23, 2018
So as i have mentioned before I had ordered a 5 Door Cupra 300 DSG in orange and was given a 22 week leadtime.

Popped into my local Seat dealership today to have a look at the Arona they have there as its orange.

Speaking to sales guy they just happen to have a Orange Cupra 300 5dr DSG on a ship which was to be the showroom car.

No the dilemma is he thinks as its a build week 3 car its pre digital dash as he is sure (not 100%) though that digital dash were only fitted from WK6 build.

So dilemma is, do I wait an extra 17 weeks for a digital dash or just get it early (can have mid feb onwards)

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
So as i have mentioned before I had ordered a 5 Door Cupra 300 DSG in orange and was given a 22 week leadtime.

Popped into my local Seat dealership today to have a look at the Arona they have there as its orange.

Speaking to sales guy they just happen to have a Orange Cupra 300 5dr DSG on a ship which was to be the showroom car.

No the dilemma is he thinks as its a build week 3 car its pre digital dash as he is sure (not 100%) though that digital dash were only fitted from WK6 build.

So dilemma is, do I wait an extra 17 weeks for a digital dash or just get it early (can have mid feb onwards)

It’s been suggested on other threads that Cupra will include digital dash from build week 2. But not sure if this is confirmed. So might be worth clarifying.

I’d be tempted to go for the one that’s built but if you’re happy to wait for 17 weeks and the shipped model lacks the virtual cockpit...
Could be a bit more value if New plate and digital dash. But 17 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
Having got one of the last Cupra’s without a virtual cockpit, I’d say go for the one that’s already on its way. Is the virtual cockpit worth a 17 week wait? Personally I think not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Suzuki_kid_1984

Jan 23, 2018
Devon
its a lease so value isn't issue but will get it march 1st on 18 plate

Completely agree.. If you were getting it on PCP where future value is beneficial to you then i'd hold out but seeing as it's leased you'll only be missing a bit of visual bling.

Besides 95% of people will see the car from the outside, and by outside I guess I mean the rear [B)]

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
The digital cockpit will be pretty to look at, at first. Then I’m sure the novelty will wear off and you’ll realise all it’s doing is showing you the same gauges that you’d see if you didn’t have it. If you can get another Cupra of the same spec (sans digital cockpit) I’d go for that. And if it turns up with the digital cockpit... bonus!

JimH

Cupra 300 ST DSG 4Drive
May 23, 2015
Norwich, UK
Mine's build week 4, and dealer confirmed that it should have been built with digital cockpit..... I guess I'll find out in a few weeks - it's currently crossing the Bay of Biscay.....

Last edited:

marcuscupra300

Jan 23, 2018
Well after weighing up pros and cons i went for the dealer one with march 1st collection.

Pros: I get to pick up a car on registration day for the first time. I get car 17 weeks early and i get to pick the number plate

Cons: might not have digital display

Even more excited now..

Per

Dec 19, 2017
Well after weighing up pros and cons i went for the dealer one with march 1st collection.

Pros: I get to pick up a car on registration day for the first time. I get car 17 weeks early and i get to pick the number plate

Even more excited now..

Do you still get to pick number plates? When I bought my Focus RS in 2016, I had no option - the dealer had a plate allocated for the car. I remember back in the early 90s when you could chose from a dealers selection, so it would be nice to have a choice for my ST 300 4drive, which will be a 1st March plate.

marcuscupra300

Jan 23, 2018
Do you still get to pick number plates? When I bought my Focus RS in 2016, I had no option - the dealer had a plate allocated for the car. I remember back in the early 90s when you could chose from a dealers selection, so it would be nice to have a choice for my ST 300 4drive, which will be a 1st March plate.

Dealer said he will call me next week to pick the plate.

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Brother in law has the cockpit on his lease Audi A4, it's nice but like he says, once you get used to it it's just there and not worth 17 weeks of wait IMO.

Last edited:

Sonofzelda

What the covfefe!
Sep 25, 2016
Rugby
In 20 years time, when we're being ferried around in our electric bubble cars and the whole world is virtualised digitality, we will reminisce fondly about our Cupra's and their real rev counters and gasp at the prices aficionardos are willing to pay for those little bits of historical quirkiness. :snack:

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013

Yes you can. You have to insist because it's more faff for the dealers.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Yes you can. You have to insist because it's more faff for the dealers.
I never insisted with mine, my dealer handed me a book of registrations and told me to pick the one I wanted. It was limited but a choice nevertheless. I had this option on my 66 plate se dynamic and when I upgraded to my 17 FR.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Kernow Bob

Feb 3, 2018

Even more excited now..

Good choice, though as it is a lease I would get it the minute it comes in!:)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.