Options affecting Leon lead times

KGoogle

Jan 7, 2018
Did you order with any options?

What options did you go for and what date did you order?

What did you order and when? Did you order with any optional extras? I'll add you to the spreadsheet.

Done

When did you order?

October

steedy27

Oct 30, 2017
Just been reading through this long thread, how all over the place is the order date lead to build and delivery dates! Well one to add if you like is:
Leon FR 1.4tsi, just metallic paint as an option, ordered 17th Oct 17, confirmed build week of 4, apparently is now en route to U.K. (Getting excited now )

Your car could be on the same ship as mine, it was built on week 5, Seat UK told me my car is on a ship called Pearl Ace, currently docked in Belgium.

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Your car could be on the same ship as mine, it was built on week 5, Seat UK told me my car is on a ship called Pearl Ace, currently docked in Belgium.

Oh that's interesting I'll have to check out the shipping info I read earlier in here. Yours came out quick, isn't this week - week5? I think mine left the factory last Thurs

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Just been reading through this long thread, how all over the place is the order date lead to build and delivery dates! Well one to add if you like is:
Leon FR 1.4tsi, just metallic paint as an option, ordered 17th Oct 17, confirmed build week of 4, apparently is now en route to U.K. (Getting excited now )

Added. Your wait wasn't/isn't long!! Perhaps SEAT are getting on top of the delays now.

Do you know what date?

broona

Sep 7, 2017
Double post from the Who's ordered a Cupra thread :-

The ongoing 'When will I get my Cupra?' saga continues...

Ordered at the beginning of September (the 12th I think), and was told it would be an approximate 20 week build. Got an email in November stating build week 1, then a phone call a few days ago saying build week 9 with a £250 compensation offer for the delay, and then a phone call today saying provisional build week 15!

Very tempted to cancel my order, anyone else in the same boat?

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Double post from the Who's ordered a Cupra thread :-

The ongoing 'When will I get my Cupra?' saga continues...

Ordered at the beginning of September (the 12th I think), and was told it would be an approximate 20 week build. Got an email in November stating build week 1, then a phone call a few days ago saying build week 9 with a £250 compensation offer for the delay, and then a phone call today saying provisional build week 15!

Very tempted to cancel my order, anyone else in the same boat?

Hi mate. Sad to read you’re having a bad experience. The unconfirmed build weeks are all over the place. I wouldn’t take much from them if I was you. You’ll get a confirmed build week 2/3 weeks before. Once built the car will take a further 4 weeks to reach the UK.

What engine did you order? Did you order any options?

Take a look at the spreadsheet (link in my signature) at those who ordered at a similar time to you, or those who have order similar spec. I was having a flap about the unconfirmed build weeks but I gave up in the end.

If you think of cancelling for a similar car, what would you go for? Golf GTI, doesn’t even compare in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

broona

Sep 7, 2017
Hi mate. Sad to read you’re having a bad experience. The unconfirmed build weeks are all over the place. I wouldn’t take much from them if I was you. You’ll get a confirmed build week 2/3 weeks before. Once built the car will take a further 4 weeks to reach the UK.

What engine did you order? Did you order any options?

Take a look at the spreadsheet (link in my signature) at those who ordered at a similar time to you, or those who have order similar spec. I was having a flap about the unconfirmed build weeks but I gave up in the end.

If you think of cancelling for a similar car, what would you go for? Golf GTI, doesn’t even compare in my opinion.

I ordered a Cupra ST 300 4Drive in Mystery Blue, no options at all, I'll have a look at the spreadsheet now, cheers.

TBH, if I cancel, I'll probably just keep my 2008 petrol Octavia VRS estate for at least another year, it does what I need and more, just fancied a brand new car as I've never had one before.

broona

Sep 7, 2017
I've just had another phone call, better news this time, back to provisional week 9, and a courtesy car until it arrives! :D

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Frustrating for anyone who lives in the West country knowing the ship is going to be docking there

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Derv4194

Nov 25, 2017
Could you add me to the spreadsheet please...

5dr cupra 300 DSG in white
Kessy
Seat sound
Winter pack

Ordered 14th December, factory accepted order 8th Jan and quoted 20-22 weeks delivery. No build week or provisional yet, but might ask dealer for order number so i can call Seat direct - is it called the order number or something else?

Thanks

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Could you add me to the spreadsheet please...

5dr cupra 300 DSG in white
Kessy
Seat sound
Winter pack

Ordered 14th December, factory accepted order 8th Jan and quoted 20-22 weeks delivery. No build week or provisional yet, but might ask dealer for order number so i can call Seat direct - is it called the order number or something else?

Thanks

Great spec! And yes it’s just the order number

Tristan

Nov 12, 2017
My dealer also called today to say that my car has been built and is currently on a ship! He wasn't sure which ship or when it will arrive though. Either way I'll wait until 1 March for registration.

Very pleased and surprised as it was initially estimated 31 March.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
I’ve missed two calls from SEAT Complaints Manager in recent weeks. Called back within minutes to be told he’s away from the desk and he’ll call me back but never had a call back, very frustrating .

I wonder if he’s calling to offer me that £250 cheque!

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
I’ve missed two calls from SEAT Complaints Manager in recent weeks. Called back within minutes to be told he’s away from the desk and he’ll call me back but never had a call back, very frustrating .

I wonder if he’s calling to offer me that £250 cheque!

Very possibly!

This kept happening to me as well - he’d always try and call exactly as I was going into a meeting lol

Would call back ASAP and he was never available!

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Very possibly!

This kept happening to me as well - he’d always try and call exactly as I was going into a meeting lol

Would call back ASAP and he was never available!

When are you getting your car? All set for the 10th for me. Apparently it’s looking “lovely”. I keep hinting for a photo but daren’t ask in case that’s a bit weird haha.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.