Cupra - New Car Brand

silles

May 4, 2017
I was thinking about ordering a cupra
do you think I should wait what they gonna reveal on 22nd?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I think that will be the Ateca Cupra won't it?

Probably one of them but according to this there may be more to come

"The new Brand will make its official debut on February 22nd during a special international media event. Shortly afterwards, the first CUPRA models will be introduced to the public at the beginning of March during the Geneva International Motor Show."

http://www.seat-mediacenter.com/newspage/allnews/modelrange/2018/CUPRA-A-new-Brand-is-born.html

JimH

Cupra 300 ST DSG 4Drive
May 23, 2015
Norwich, UK
Probably one of them but according to this there may be more to come

"The new Brand will make its official debut on February 22nd during a special international media event. Shortly afterwards, the first CUPRA models will be introduced to the public at the beginning of March during the Geneva International Motor Show."

http://www.seat-mediacenter.com/newspage/allnews/modelrange/2018/CUPRA-A-new-Brand-is-born.html

And a rebadged "Cupra Leon" (until the Mk 4 is out) and maybe a "Cupra Ibiza" and "Cupra Mii" too? :blink:

Last edited:

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
Sounds like pure marketing drivel to me. Everyone knows they'll be SEAT base cars just like Abarth try with the 500 variants they make.
The longest running Cupra model was the Ibiza and for some reason they didn't do one for the current version despite the class being vibrant with hot models that sell like Fiesta ST, Pug 208GTi and Clio sports. Now all we here about is Cupra versions of over weight fashion cars like Ateca, I'm sure they'll sell though.
I just hope they don't really devalue the Cupra brand and bring out Cupra line models with low power engines just like VW have with the R line and audi S line but I fear the marketing bods will get their way. The only plus side is they'll have to make the Cupra more distinctive than the FR.....

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
The longest running Cupra model was the Ibiza and for some reason they didn't do one for the current version despite the class being vibrant with hot models that sell like Fiesta ST, Pug 208GTi and Clio sports.

It was only in SC form and the SC ibiza's weren't selling so they axed them from the line up.
Don't quote me on this but I read it was a VW group decision to axe unpopular models after the emissions fiasco.

Now all we here about is Cupra versions of over weight fashion cars like Ateca, I'm sure they'll sell though.

True and yes they probably will like you say it's the fashion now.

I just hope they don't really devalue the Cupra brand and bring out Cupra line models with low power engines just like VW have with the R line and audi S line but I fear the marketing bods will get their way. The only plus side is they'll have to make the Cupra more distinctive than the FR.....

Hmm well the FR has already been reduced to a trim level IMHO. Thought it stood for Formula Racing and was a match for the GTI. It used to have the same petrol engine with power of 200 - 210bhp in it's MK2 form. I was originally on the market for one after my MK2 FR deisel.
The MK3 ruined that for me, and since then there have been less powerful ibiza's and Leon's with the badge.

This is an opportunity to bring back the Cupra Ibiza models e.t.c and maybe even 4wd and things like beats as standard if they see fit. Could be really interesting.

I'm just worried about how it will affect the pricing of they do. The discounts and cheap lease deals are what got me into this category of car. It didn't seem viable with the Audi or golf performance variants.

Reactions: Wings988
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.