Help!! Knocking/rattle noise

Cuprar72

Aug 29, 2017
East sussex
Hi all I need your help as I’m stumped trying to locate a knocking rattling noise, the noise is only when going round a roundabout with bumpy rd surface mainly or if I go up a kerb with steering turned , now I first thought drop links as that’s what it sounds like so I replaced them and polybushed the arb too, the strut tops are new polybushed too, I get no noise hitting bumps or holes etc when wheels are straight, the ball joints and track rod ends have no play and road springs are not broken , cv joints are quite (tested full lock both ways in car park), so what else could it be had a quick look and dog mount is also polybushed (yellow) , help please it’s odd as only happens if steering turned and bumpy/holes in rd

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Hi all I need your help as I’m stumped trying to locate a knocking rattling noise, the noise is only when going round a roundabout with bumpy rd surface mainly or if I go up a kerb with steering turned , now I first thought drop links as that’s what it sounds like so I replaced them and polybushed the arb too, the strut tops are new polybushed too, I get no noise hitting bumps or holes etc when wheels are straight, the ball joints and track rod ends have no play and road springs are not broken , cv joints are quite (tested full lock both ways in car park), so what else could it be had a quick look and dog mount is also polybushed (yellow) , help please it’s odd as only happens if steering turned and bumpy/holes in rd
Had this on my mk1 Cupra R years ago. Had all suspension bushes replaced and problem solved!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
I have a knocking noise at the moment, sounds like at the front in the middle . Only when going slow.

Cuprar72

Aug 29, 2017
East sussex
the thing is i cant get any play in any bush or joint, just rang up for the lower arms and price came back at £92 plus vat for complete lower arm including balljoint from make FAI, is this right price?

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
the thing is i cant get any play in any bush or joint, just rang up for the lower arms and price came back at £92 plus vat for complete lower arm including balljoint from make FAI, is this right price?

For genuine could be about right but try Listers in the forum sponsor section, Mike will sort you a good price. If you want to upgrade I believe the cast TT arms fit but not done it myself.

Or you can put a cheap one in from ECP, about the £30 mark and get some poly bushes in them or the old ones.

But why you looking to change the arms if all bushes are good on them?

Cuprar72

Aug 29, 2017
East sussex
For genuine could be about right but try Listers in the forum sponsor section, Mike will sort you a good price. If you want to upgrade I believe the cast TT arms fit but not done it myself.

Or you can put a cheap one in from ECP, about the £30 mark and get some poly bushes in them or the old ones.

But why you looking to change the arms if all bushes are good on them?

mine are cast and that price was for cast non genuine, i darent get a genuine price, im gonna take a closer look at bushes again but i need to cure this knock as its driving me nuts, its the only thing left to make the car pretty much perfect.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise