Cupra heated seats

Izomezzo

Apr 9, 2017
Leeds
Hi,

Just looking at some Cupras on autotrader and I noticed none of them had heated seats. Is this something to do with the sport seats in Cupras or are they just less common? I love my heated seats in the winter since they warm up so quick compared to the climate control.

Cheers,
Izo

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Mine has heated seats, but I’ve got the Alcantara bucket seats. Not sure if it was an option for the sport seats.

Seat Leon Cupra 290 DSG Black Edition (Alor Blue) Stage 2

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
As I understand it the buckets come heated as standard but on the normal seats it was an option. And quite an expensive one I think. There could also be a compatibility issue with leather/cloth too but I'm not sure on that.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Izomezzo

Apr 9, 2017
Leeds
So say something like this model: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201802033371969?sort=sponsored&make=SEAT&quantity-of-doors=3&model=LEON&radius=1500&postcode=ls143ed&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&year-from=2014&aggregatedTrim=Cupra&page=1

That's the alacantra sports seats. But doesn't seem to have the heated seat switches in the usual location (on the dash next to the airflow/aircon controls).

Hmm just noticed it doesn't have auto wipers/camera thingy either so maybe a bad example.

Cheers,
Izo

Last edited:

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
So say something like this model: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...ew&year-from=2014&aggregatedTrim=Cupra&page=1

That's the alacantra sports seats. But doesn't seem to have the heated seat switches in the usual location (on the dash next to the airflow/aircon controls).

Cheers,
Izo
Those are the standard seats. The buckets are a one-pieve with no separate headrest. There was a set of buckets for sale on Facebook a week or two ago mint condition. No idea how you could get it to work if the button isn't there though...

MK3 Leon ST Cupra 290 Black Edition

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
...or are they just less common?
They're just less common.

Other than with full leather it is extremely rare for heated seats to be standard on any cars, and it's something most new car buyers don't spend extra on.

There are aftermarket kits available if it really is that important to you...

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
They're just less common.

Other than with full leather it is extremely rare for heated seats to be standard on any cars, and it's something most new car buyers don't spend extra on.

There are aftermarket kits available if it really is that important to you...

My GT86 with leather/alcantara has heated seats as standard. I don't think it's that rare in the rest of the world.

jt20vt

Sep 17, 2010
If you wanted to retro fit Heated seats it might be possible but just like with the MK1 Leon a bit of a pain. You can purchase the loom separately for the switches and then another loom to the seats. You would need to replace the dash with a set of switches that has the heater function. Then lastly a set of seats with the heating pads and wiring inside to make it easier. Kufatec sell the looms for the Mk3 leon.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
My GT86 with leather/alcantara has heated seats as standard. I don't think it's that rare in the rest of the world.
There you go then Izomezzo, move to New Zealand and buy a GT86. Problem solved :thumbup:

rryans11

MK3 Leon Cupra 290
Feb 4, 2012
UK
Hi,

Just looking at some Cupras on autotrader and I noticed none of them had heated seats. Is this something to do with the sport seats in Cupras or are they just less common? I love my heated seats in the winter since they warm up so quick compared to the climate control.

Cheers,
Izo

Cupras with the bucket seats will have the heater function. Cupras without the bucketseats will have heated seats if they were equipped with the winter pack. My car has the standard full-leather seats and they are heated.

If it's something of interest, I'll be taking these seats out in the next couple of months and will be selling them.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
The dealer told me retro fitting is possible and they have done it BUT not OE heated seats e.g. you don't get the button on the facia, instead it is on the outside of the seat frame. Give Hendy Seat a call for more info.

For info the Golf GtI Gtd and R all now get heated seats as standard in the UK.

sheffield

Jan 11, 2017
I have normal seats in my 300, paid about £300 for the winter Pack to get them heated.

Pedrocks

Feb 2, 2018
I have normal seats in my 300, paid about £300 for the winter Pack to get them heated.

Same here, I've ordered mine with the winterpack as my missus has these in her bmw and there worth it in the cold weather. I could have upgraded to the bucket seats but it's was over 1k!

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I always knew my other half wasn't right, she doesn't like the heated seats in the 290 and refuses to use them...:wtf: