Options affecting Leon lead times

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
The 'Daylight Saving Savings Event' offer ran from Tuesday 3rd to Tuesday 31st October 2017, and due to extended lead times was valid for registrations up to and including 30th June 2018.

'18' plate registrations have been available in AFRL since 1st February. I already have VRMs allocated to my March demonstrators and sold orders that are on site.

That is good to hear, at my point of sale was end of March - you have become a bit of a buyers Oracle on here :seatgod:

Philh46

Dec 24, 2017
Sheffield
I had a confirmed build week 5 as well, but when I called at the beginning of this week I was told it had already been built by the end of last week and was out for delivery.

I've emailed SEAT for the details but haven't responded yet either.

Have you got a pickup date yet ?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Thanks. Did you just email dealer. Did Lee sort out your order ?
I emailed the Dealership to get my SLI.
Both Tim and Matt (manager) have been working on my order.

Once I got the SLI from the dealership I called SEAT CS and quoted the SLI to get my status.

In all honesty they've seen more eager to help than the dealership.

If you email CS they have a couple of days to get back to you. When you call it has been instant with regards to order status.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tristan

Nov 12, 2017
My dealer called this morning to say the car had been unloaded in the UK - hooray! I said I would wait till 1 March for registration which was no problem.

The dealer then e-mailed me the registration document for me to sign. This listed the engine as the 1.4 TSI 125 rather than the 1.4 EcoTSI 150 I ordered. A mistake on the form I thought... no. They ordered the wrong engine :-o

They are looking into what can be done but it doesn't look good. Three months of waiting and potentially back to square one.

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
My dealer called this morning to say the car had been unloaded in the UK - hooray! I said I would wait till 1 March for registration which was no problem.

The dealer then e-mailed me the registration document for me to sign. This listed the engine as the 1.4 TSI 125 rather than the 1.4 EcoTSI 150 I ordered. A mistake on the form I thought... no. They ordered the wrong engine :-o

They are looking into what can be done but it doesn't look good. Three months of waiting and potentially back to square one.

Oh no, that's quite a major c*** up on their part!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Tristan

Nov 12, 2017
They have found a car due to be built in week 11 with the same spec but with the 30/3 18" wheels rather than the standard 17" I ordered. But I really wanted the 17" as I actually prefer the look of them and wanted the better ride quality. They can change the order to the 17" but it may delay the order. Or they have offered to do me a deal on the 125.

My instinct is to change the order to the 17" and just live with the extra wait.

Tristan

Nov 12, 2017
Are they offering you any form of good will on top to make up for this?

No. They actually weren't that apologetic and mentioned they'll now be making a loss as the price has gone up since I ordered. I get the impression they wouldn't be that bothered if I just cancelled the order.

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
I'd push that further personally. That's a mess on their behalf so they should be making up for that and taking it on the chin. Not really acceptable

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
No. They actually weren't that apologetic and mentioned they'll now be making a loss as the price has gone up since I ordered. I get the impression they wouldn't be that bothered if I just cancelled the order.

Shocking, cavalier attitude due to buoyant sales [:@]

My miss order back in 2010 was only the fact I had ordered sat-nav and car came with standard stereo... Dealer apologise and I got £350 to buy a stick on Tom Tom sat-nav...

Different engine to the one ordered is a **** and a half + some :confused:

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Thats really bad. Im assuming you've checked your paperwork that it states ecoTSI engine on it.

Whoevers fcuk up it is. Send a very strongly worded email to the dealer principle or the MD of SEAT UK stating exactly what u want. What u ask for is gonna depend on what was on your paperwork when u ordered.

If its right on your paperwork then use the wrongly ordered vehicle or courtesy car of similar spec to one you ordered until correct one arrives, even if u dont need to. Thats what i would want.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
Thats really bad. Im assuming you've checked your paperwork that it states ecoTSI engine on it.

Whoevers fcuk up it is. Send a very strongly worded email to the dealer principle or the MD of SEAT UK stating exactly what u want. What u ask for is gonna depend on what was on your paperwork when u ordered.

If its right on your paperwork then use the wrongly ordered vehicle or courtesy car of similar spec to one you ordered until correct one arrives, even if u dont need to. Thats what i would want.

This

Tristan

Nov 12, 2017

Yes it's EcoTSI on the paperwork - I checked it very carefully before signing and again when I got home.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Yes it's EcoTSI on the paperwork - I checked it very carefully before signing and again when I got home.
Thats good at least. So its dealers fault then.

Might be worth having a read thru Motor Ombudsman website and Consumer Act 2015 so you know your rights ☺

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site

Oh dear that's not good, are you intending on keeping the car or running it and upgrading after x years? Depending on the good will for their potential c**k up I'd consider keeping the 125 rather than waiting. Guess it all depends on the good will and how long you plan keeping the car.

Tristan

Nov 12, 2017
Oh dear that's not good, are you intending on keeping the car or running it and upgrading after x years? Depending on the good will for their potential c**k up I'd consider keeping the 125 rather than waiting. Guess it all depends on the good will and how long you plan keeping the car.

I've had my current car 12 years so it could be a while. I really don't think I'd be very happy with the 125. I was already concerned the 150 might not be quick enough going from my Ibiza 180.

I think I'll take the wk 11 car, change the wheels to 17" and just accept any additional delay the change causes.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
My car arrived today but dealership is now being funny about keeping it until March. Something about not getting the same finance deal that I did when I ordered it - that's they'd have to recalculate the finance if I decided to wait for an 18 plate? Feel like this is a load of target hitting drivel.

They've said I need confirmation from Seat UK authorising them to give me the same finance deal I ordered it on
Finally managed to get through to Seat UK because they hadn't called me back. Having them call the dealership to try and sort this out.

Case manager sounded surprised that this was happening as I haven't paid the rest of my deposit or signed any finance paperwork.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.