Options affecting Leon lead times

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Someone said on the mk3 Leon Group on FB that the UKs build slots have been going to other countries like Finland and Germany for some reason.

How true this is who knows. They said their dealer told them.

I thought the main delay over the last several months would've been down to the Catalan independence stuff!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Someone said on the mk3 Leon Group on FB that the UKs build slots have been going to other countries like Finland and Germany for some reason.

How true this is who knows.
It's not.

Both Finland and Germany are LHD markets, and production cannot just be 'switched' from RHD to LHD at the drop of a hat.

The delays over the last 18 months or so have been purely down to growth in UK sales generating demand far in excess of production capacity planned 2-3 years in advance, global demand for the 1.4 TSI ACT 150 engine that is already in the process of being replaced, and supply issues with some alloy wheels. That's it. No other reasons.

They said their dealer told them.
And we all know how reliable THAT information usually is! :lol:

I thought the main delay over the last several months would've been down to the Catalan independence stuff!
Nope. That had exactly zero impact on anything.

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
8dc3ebc5aee7d93871ef59d73b2e96f0.jpg
55042e4521eea6b84fb3c0eb6d6042f8.jpg
da961bbf5cb52d1cba4a379e7560f042.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooh that's lovely Luke, same colour and wheel combo as I'm getting You must be grinning!!

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Scrogg the delays are all down to Brexit. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Did you get digital cockpit Luke ? Would be good to see some English video

I think the digital cockpit is just for the Cupra at this stage mate. The Cupra in the show room had it but I didn’t get chance to have a look.

Absolutely loving this car, more so then my 2013 Leon, which I thought would be difficult.

I didn’t expect many differences but I’m pleasantly surprised. The whole ride and feel of the car is more refined, better built and overall more sound. I haven’t heard any rattles (yet), fingers crossed I don’t because they really grind me!! The suspension is reassuringly firm but even over bumpy roads surfaces it’s reacts well and doesn’t the car doesn’t rattle like my last one! The steering is very responsive and the steering wheel feels great.

SEAT Sound is as good, if not slightly better than the Beats audio I had in the courtesy Ibiza. A skeptical me thinks it’s the same system just without the Beats badge .

Illuminated doors sills - check
Two USB ports at the front - check
Carpet mats - check

I didn’t expect the interior to have leather/leatherette parts, I thought it was purely cotton which I wasn’t excited for having had alcantara before. However, I actually prefer it. The seats are firm and comfortable, you feel as if you’re sitting in the seat opposed to on top of it.

I’m very happy and the wait was more than worth it!!

Now, what’s the general consensus on wearing in a new engine? I’m trying not to rev it up 4000, but is that old myth?

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
Digital cockpit is available as an option on the FR Leon :) still not sold on it personally. Just a bit to much going on and more to go wrong

Luke have you got any interior pictures?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
So are the sides of the seats leather/faux leather then? Standard seats?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Standard interior, I didn’t want to fork out for the alcantara or whatever option was next up from the standard.

But yeah the sides of the sears are Leather/faux. Very nice!
07104904eed6f89655eca70beb026a51.jpg

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Ahhh Luke I'm very jealous! It looks really good!

For your spreadsheet I was called to say mine had arrived on 5 Feb. Still planning to collect on 3rd March :)

wilbo

Jan 14, 2018
I placed my order 3 weeks ago (Cupra 5 door DSG, monsoon grey, ACC). I have received notification that the factory has accepted my order but no more than that. I assume it is pointless to ask if there is a unconfirmed build week allocated? The dealer stated that the confirmed build week is usually only given 2 weeks before the actual build week so that wouldn't be for a long time.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
I assume it is pointless to ask if there is a unconfirmed build week allocated?
Yep.

Scheduled (unconfirmed) build weeks fluctuate wildly and are basically irrelevant.

The dealer stated that the confirmed build week is usually only given 2 weeks before the actual build week so that wouldn't be for a long time.
More like three to four weeks, depending on the factory. We have just started cw07 and the next week to confirm will be cw11.

silles

May 4, 2017
I placed my order 3 weeks ago (Cupra 5 door DSG, monsoon grey, ACC). I have received notification that the factory has accepted my order but no more than that. I assume it is pointless to ask if there is a unconfirmed build week allocated? The dealer stated that the confirmed build week is usually only given 2 weeks before the actual build week so that wouldn't be for a long time.

3 weeks just to accept the order.... :wtf: not exactly an amazon prime delivery service lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members