Wire extension

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
Is anyone in a position/ knows a place that can make 2 electrical extensions for the rear wiring loom for a mk3 leon (ie the cluster plug on one end, loom on other with about 1m wire in between connecting all the points? Just so i can plug and play my continental lights rather than cutting wires

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Is anyone in a position/ knows a place that can make 2 electrical extensions for the rear wiring loom for a mk3 leon (ie the cluster plug on one end, loom on other with about 1m wire in between connecting all the points? Just so i can plug and play my continental lights rather than cutting wires

I am pretty sure that in VCDS you can tell the car it is LHD and it will adapt the signals sent to the lights.

If you look at the lights - the bulb holder is not there but the wiring is there for fog/reverse

I was hoping both bulb holders were present because I wanted to put a pair of reverse and a pair of fog lights on the rear.

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
Id be very interested if someone in the know can confirm that this is the case as itll stop me chopping into the wiring needlessly

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
The wiring is slightly different for reverse/fog though with two brown thicker wires for reverse lights and a white and blue one for fog. Im not sure if his is replicated in the loom

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
Cant see anything about VCDS coding on there it seems to be all component removal/reinstallation

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
Cheers, as far as i can tell the earth should be the same on both sides of the loom. So just a case of snipping the supply from the fog and running jt with new wire to the new cluster and doing the same with the reverse, i should be able to leave their respective earths alone........in theory! Waiting on seat uk to message me back if They can be reprogrammed though

Deleted member 103408

seen noting for the rear but for the front under Control unit: 55 Headlight Regulation

Activate left/right hand drive switch-over:
not active

I have tried it, you do get a warning message every time you turn the car on telling you that your lights are reset to left/right but I personally could not see any difference in the light pattern on my car, Some Audi sites said it only impacted full beam which I had not tried

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
Ive got time to wait out on what seat uk comes back with. One thing im wary of is the difference in wire thickness for the fogs/reverse lights, i dont want to be leaving earths as they are then swapping signal wires only to be trashing the earth wiring. Hoping theres some sort of vcds option. Doesnt help not having the car here to try a few things out though!