Leon 5FO - MIB1, Software Updates (Give This A Chance?)

CharlieRWalker

Nov 6, 2017
Hi Guys

Please apologise if this has been covered, I've spent 30 minutes browsing the forum's as a new comer but as of yet I have not managed to find my exact answer. For Reference: Vehicle Details are below:

2014 Seat Leon ST FT
MIB1 5FO
Firmware 0480

I recently updated my MIB1 Multimedia System to 0480 Software Version and this has fixed the problem I wanted it to fix, that is, the screen no longer freezes. Unfortunately, it has had a side effect in that it has disabled all of my TMC Traffic Updates and my screen now just shows me 0 Reports Found.

20180209_071308.jpg

I suspect the software version I have is either corrupted, or is trying to source TMC in the incorrect country.

I have noticed on Skoda forum's that an update numbered 0490 was available back in 2016 for Skoda's MIB1 but I do not know whether Seat followed suit.

I have a few questions:
1. What is the latest software version for Seat Leon MIB1?
2. Where can I locate the update files?
3. Has anyone else inadvertently locked out their TMC Traffic Updates?

Any other information would be greatly received!

Edit: Attempted to fix broken Image Link.

Last edited:

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
0480 is the latest for the Leon MIB1

I upgraded mine the other day but haven't checked the TMC.

Will have a check when I'm back in the car this afternoon. I did notice before I did the upgrade that sometimes the TMC was empty and that was simply because there was nothing to report.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
mines on 0480, I got the file from a lad who works in SEAT factory Martorell. MY traffic updates work.

Apr 12, 2010
Ive downloaded the file, when i plug the usb stick in it flashes up software dowload but then says there's no data! How did you guys get it installed?

CharlieRWalker

Nov 6, 2017
mines on 0480, I got the file from a lad who works in SEAT factory Martorell. MY traffic updates work.

Hi Andrew, any chance of getting the copy on an SD card for me? I reckon my copy may have been for a different country, eg. Spain, and thus, TMC is scanning for Spanish Frequencies and not UK frequencies and thus not finding anything

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
When you did the upgrade have you ticked the box for TMC update? I reckon do factory reset your unit first from menu and second one on VAGCOM/OBD11. If this doesn't help then perform the update one more time you have to force the unit to do it as your version is same as updating file.

There is only one copy of MIB1 update international version. TMC frequency is same across Europe

sven7

Apr 19, 2004
North West

Hi,
I performed the MIB1 update today following the instructions on the link to post 72 and subsequently cleared all error messages using OBD11 including the confirmation of installation change.

Am I right that once complete you have to revert to the original SD card? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is this update software only and nothing to do with map updates? Leaving the update SD card in gave me a message “please insert a data medium with valid navigation data”

My system now is as per picture. If someone could let me know if I’ve not done the update correctly I’d appreciate it.
Thanks

Attachments

• B3357754-50D4-4F17-AA69-DDACB7D67640.jpeg
    B3357754-50D4-4F17-AA69-DDACB7D67640.jpeg
    445.6 KB · Views: 1,249

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Hi,
I performed the MIB1 update today following the instructions on the link to post 72 and subsequently cleared all error messages using OBD11 including the confirmation of installation change.

Am I right that once complete you have to revert to the original SD card? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is this update software only and nothing to do with map updates? Leaving the update SD card in gave me a message “please insert a data medium with valid navigation data”

My system now is as per picture. If someone could let me know if I’ve not done the update correctly I’d appreciate it.
Thanks
Yes you need to put your original SD card back in because that's where the navigation data is stored (i.e. maps).

CharlieWalker

Nov 19, 2017
When you did the upgrade have you ticked the box for TMC update? I reckon do factory reset your unit first from menu and second one on VAGCOM/OBD11. If this doesn't help then perform the update one more time you have to force the unit to do it as your version is same as updating file.

There is only one copy of MIB1 update international version. TMC frequency is same across Europe
Hi KoNG.

How do I force it to update as it just tells me the data is the same.

Also, I don't recall seeing an update box for tmc?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
That's looks like correct update. Enjoy
Hi,

Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Hi KoNG.

How do I force it to update as it just tells me the data is the same.

Also, I don't recall seeing an update box for tmc?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Have you done factory reset first?

If you perform update you can chose part of update what you won't perform. (Tmc, dab, system, cpu, and much more).

Update need to be forced via service menu. Or service menu 2 can't recall exactly I've done this 2,5 years ago

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

sven7

Apr 19, 2004
North West
Yes you need to put your original SD card back in because that's where the navigation data is stored (i.e. maps).

That’s good news then, thanks for confirming that. I’ll see if I can see any differences over the next few days.

I just need to see about the map updates, am I right this still has to be done by the dealer?

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Yes seat stealer or get your unit hacked. Both options looking around £150

Anyone know if mapcare hit the UK market yet?

mungo650

Nov 5, 2017
I have downloaded and extracted the update files onto a 16Gb class10 card ready to update my MIB1 unit however i'm slightly hesitant to do it because of the errors others have mentioned afterwards and I don't have an OBD2 device to clear them. What are these errors and are they sure to appear? Thanks all in advance.