Car Seat Questions

umasood90

Feb 13, 2018
Hi all,

I have an MK3 Leon and I'm not close to a Mothercare so wanted to ask if anyone has any experience of car seats in these cars? :help:

In particular, I'm looking at a Joie Every Stage FX car seat which is Isofix and wondered if there were any issues when fitting.

Despite finding it on the Joie website, I can't be sure that it will fit. :cry:

Anyone have any experience with car seats? Or do you have any recommendations for others? Want one that will last until it's no longer required and ideally Isofix.

EddieP

Nov 8, 2016
Coatbridge
i have the jolie 360 for my wee one and it fits no problem

I tried one that wasnt isofix and the seatbelt didnt fit round so decide that an isofix seat was the way to go and its been solid for the last few months

umasood90

Feb 13, 2018
i have the jolie 360 for my wee one and it fits no problem

I tried one that wasnt isofix and the seatbelt didnt fit round so decide that an isofix seat was the way to go and its been solid for the last few months

I was contemplating the 360 but I think it only lasts until the age of 4? I think they had this version in a non-Isofix before and the Isofix is fairly new.

EddieP

Nov 8, 2016
Coatbridge
I was contemplating the 360 but I think it only lasts until the age of 4? I think they had this version in a non-Isofix before and the Isofix is fairly new.

Yeah it only last till 4 but they didnt have the ones that last longer in store that day and i needed it that day

Got a good price for it so not really complaining

umasood90

Feb 13, 2018
Yeah it only last till 4 but they didnt have the ones that last longer in store that day and i needed it that day

Got a good price for it so not really complaining

It's a shame because I really like the 360! I'm in no rush so can afford to wait a bit (daughter's only 7 months).

EddieP

Nov 8, 2016
Coatbridge
It's a shame because I really like the 360! I'm in no rush so can afford to wait a bit (daughter's only 7 months).

Yeah it is a shame, my daughter is almost 5 months but the car seat we had i didnt think it was secure enough in the car so had to swap but since it was cheaper at the time with a discount i didnt mind that it only done till 4

Must say though the 360 for getting her in and out is great so i will enjoy that before we need to change it :D

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
It should fit fine. We have the maxi cosi 360 seat and when i ordered my 5dr we tried the seat in it, whether it was front or rear facing, there was plenty of room still in the front for a passenger. It did fit very easily too.

The Isofix points are very accessible and dont sit far back in the seat. There is a cover over then at the base of the backrest.

Tbh my wife used to have a Focus which was the baby car and the Leon has more room in the back.

Not sure what age the maxi cosi goes to. I think it goes by weight and height rather than age.

Before that we had maxi cosi pebble plus and that fit fine in the focus so would be fine in a Leon

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

umasood90

Feb 13, 2018
I've purchased it online without seeing it in person now.

Hopefully, it should fit! :shrug:

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
Yes the Isofix is standard so it will fit there. The question on these car seats though, especially rear facing one for older babies is how much space do they take up and can you still realistically have enough space for a passenger.The usual thing is it will mean you can't have the seat behind the drivers seat as you won't be able to slide that seat back far enough to drive in the right position.

umasood90

Feb 13, 2018
Yes the Isofix is standard so it will fit there. The question on these car seats though, especially rear facing one for older babies is how much space do they take up and can you still realistically have enough space for a passenger.The usual thing is it will mean you can't have the seat behind the drivers seat as you won't be able to slide that seat back far enough to drive in the right position.

Yeah, that's it. It's not the Isofix that's an issue.

Ah well, I'll report back in a few days now and see what happens! I'm fairly short so there might be more space available behind my seat. :rofl:

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
The Joie 360 is brilliant. We were going to get one that lasted to a higher age, but the girl in Mothercare advised us that the 360 was a better buy and she was right. Lots of legroom for our son and passengers now it's in forward facing mode. It was ok in rear facing for passengers, but I couldn't be in that seat for too long because of my height. The only issue I find is the crotch pad falls out! I lost one somewhere, but thankfully Joie sent me a new one for free. But the replacement falls out often, especially if he is wearing a snowsuit or something bulky on his legs.

Last edited:

umasood90

Feb 13, 2018
The Joie 360 is brilliant. We were going to get one that lasted to a higher age, but the girl in Mothercare advised us that the 360 was a better buy and she was right. Lots of legroom for our son and passengers now it's in forward facing mode. It was ok in rear facing for passengers, but I couldn't be in that seat for too long because of my height. The only issue I find is the crotch pad falls out! I lost one somewhere, but thankfully Joie sent me a new one for free. But the replacement falls out often, especially if he is wearing a snowsuit or something bulky on his legs.

The 360 does look really good but I just didn't fancy buying another one.

I've gone for the Joie Every Stage FX. I saw the non-fx version in the shop a while back and it looked good.

Will certainly be jealous of 360 owners though:p

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Shouldnt be any issues with a passenger as when i tried our maxi cosi there was still plenty of room

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
No issues in my leon with child car seat in rear. The car seat is behind my drivers seat and I'm 6ft with loads of room left front and rear. The misses often joins our daughter in the back so no issues with rear room. The centre armrest in the rear is able to be used to give you an idea of space. The Leon is deceptively spacious

umasood90

Feb 13, 2018
No issues in my leon with child car seat in rear. The car seat is behind my drivers seat and I'm 6ft with loads of room left front and rear. The misses often joins our daughter in the back so no issues with rear room. The centre armrest in the rear is able to be used to give you an idea of space. The Leon is deceptively spacious

Yeah space seems good. I moved from a 330d to an FR but was surprised by the amount of space.

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Bump

What other car seats are people using?

I’m on the verge of buying the Joie Bold for my 5dr Leon.

Anyone have any photos of their seats fitted to show how much room there is?

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
For those saying seats only go up to 4, massive believer in keeping your child rear facing as long as possible, helps protect their neck in an accident when it’s at a critical development stage and not as strong.

A lot of rear facing seats will only go up till approx 4. All depends on weight and height of course.

As for seats, newer versions are available now but when she was a baby, we had the Maxi Cosi Pebble with an isofix base.

Then we moved onto a Nuna Rebl for about 2-3 months. Seemed perfect and was told passed all the tests and 360 swivel. Turned out in its rear facing mode it was failing the more stringent German crash test l. So we got a full refund on it.

We moved onto the Cybex Sirona. This was after a LOT of research using Which. We’re still using this seat now but in my parents car, however she’s going to be to heavy for it soon. She turns 4 in May. Due to its size the front passenger seat is quite far forward, fine for my wife, but I wouldn’t like to do a long journey in the front.

There is a newer version out now that my best mate Dan has now got. Still a cracking seat and would highly recommend.

For any one worried about rear facing for so long. My daughter is tall for her age, but is all legs. She’s never once complained about being rear facing, she has had her legs crossed, or bent or straight with them nearly on the headrest. Always been happy. Even for a 2 day journey to south France as well as 2 days back.

Only now have we gone to a forward facing seat on our car.

I wanted a harness seat still when she went forward at first, but still be able to go till she’s older and use the seat belt. Safety is important obviously but child seats are expansive!

I didn’t realise that isofix is limited by the weight. So the lighter the seat, the heavier the child can get before it has to use the seat belt.

I went with the Britax Advansfix IV. Good side protection, isofix and the top tether. Also still uses the isofix (like most these days) even when you move onto the seat belt. It also has an extra tether point for the seat belt to sit in that goes between the child’s legs. Makes sure they don’t slip under the belt in an accident.

Also even though my daughters legs aren’t long but not long enough to dangle over the edge of the seat properly just yet, the front seat can still be moved back for me to sit comfortably in the front.

Now not saying the seats I’ve bought are the best option for everyone. My best Avicenna is stump up the cash for a which subscription for a month and research the crap out of it. When I did it, it was like £1 for the first month trial.

Signor Whippy

Mar 16, 2009
God's Country
Had the Maxi Cosi Pebble initially which had an isofix base and fitted with plenty of room even with the front seat pretty much all the way back. Now got a non isofix Recaro Young Sport Hero group 1-2-3 seat. Looks really nice but is a bit of a fiddle to belt him up in it. Plus he now kicks the back of my seat and leaves footprints all over it!!

IL Cattivo

Apr 12, 2019
Oxford
I have a Maxi-Cosi Rodifix in the rear of my Leon FR. Used to take our 3 year old to Pre-School 3 days a week. Fits like a dream.
I tend to position it behind the passenger side with the front seat positioned enough that the little critter doesn't kick, scuff or mark the upholstery. Loads of room, so much that the front seat doesn't impede your view through the left front side window.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.