Options affecting Leon lead times

Per

Dec 19, 2017
I ordered 2nd Oct and spoke with my dealer today - car is there now. Planned collection 2nd March.Mine was a week 2 build.

Spec is a Mystery Blue Cupra ST 300 4drive with panoramic roof, advanced driver and comfort pack 2, rear camera and Seat sound upgrade. Tried to get the heated seat option added late in the day but left it too late to avoid order being pushed back.

Next 2 weeks will hopefully fly by!

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
My car is now built, hopefully with the ACC option ordered awaiting the ship to bring it over to Blighty!

Dyno2012

Nov 4, 2017
My car is now built, hopefully with the ACC option ordered awaiting the ship to bring it over to Blighty!
Had a call from dealer earlier, mine is arriving at dealership tomorrow. I was tracking ship and only arrived in UK over weekend. Overall been very lucky as ordered in early November so much quicker than many on here. Getting delivery 1 March. Dealer has been excellent in keeping me informed (Derby). Cupra ST no extras.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Had a call from dealer earlier, mine is arriving at dealership tomorrow. I was tracking ship and only arrived in UK over weekend. Overall been very lucky as ordered in early November so much quicker than many on here. Getting delivery 1 March. Dealer has been excellent in keeping me informed (Derby). Cupra ST no extras.

I am dealing with the same dealer and like you has been excellent at keeping me informed. [B)]

Yes very lucky as I ordered a 1.2 TSi SE Dynamic with ACC at the start of October .

300SEATCUPRA

Dec 7, 2017
Woohoo car is at the dealers, hopefully picking it up 3rd March. Ordered a white manual cupra 300, only option being seat sound, at end of August. Had a golf GTI as a courtesy car since xmas and a cheque for £250 as compensation so am really not too bothered about the delay! Roll on 3rd March

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
Great news mate :D

It's nice to hear that more and more are being delivered.

Have you confirmed that it's arrived as spec'd?
I'm going to check it tonight as the only difference is the wheels (seat/motability) deal at the time of ordering.

Bar the wheels, it's a standard desire red, 1.8 FR ST with DSG

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
I ordered 2nd Oct and spoke with my dealer today - car is there now. Planned collection 2nd March.Mine was a week 2 build.

Spec is a Mystery Blue Cupra ST 300 4drive with panoramic roof, advanced driver and comfort pack 2, rear camera and Seat sound upgrade. Tried to get the heated seat option added late in the day but left it too late to avoid order being pushed back.

Next 2 weeks will hopefully fly by!

Has it got the digital cockpit?

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Great to hear more and more being delivered. You won’t be disappointed!

Still waiting to hear from Raheel r.e goodwill gesture.

On a side note, what’s the consensus on wearing in a new engine? And is fuel consumption slightly worse when brand new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dyno2012

Nov 4, 2017

On a side note, what’s the consensus on wearing in a new engine? And is fuel consumption slightly worse when brand new?

There was a recent discussion about running in - there wasn't consensus but two camps. One that you don't run in (though always ensure oil is warm), the other that you do.

Personally, it seems right that you allow a new complex mechanical device time to bed in. I have always run in for around 600-800 miles then gradually increased revs and throttle. Only takes a few weeks and is part of the new car experience for me and my current (ex-lease) car has now done 95,000 miles and seems as strong as ever.

Others differ and that's fine. So your choice I think.

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
There was a recent discussion about running in - there wasn't consensus but two camps. One that you don't run in (though always ensure oil is warm), the other that you do.

Personally, it seems right that you allow a new complex mechanical device time to bed in. I have always run in for around 600-800 miles then gradually increased revs and throttle. Only takes a few weeks and is part of the new car experience for me and my current (ex-lease) car has now done 95,000 miles and seems as strong as ever.

Others differ and that's fine. So your choice I think.

I am old skool so I run it in, nothing too anal, I spend the first 500 not going above 3000rpm, then 500 @ 4000rpm then sports mode and let rip beyond 1000 miles, I think it is as important to get a balance of driving as much as anything else, longer cruising journeys as well as shorter with a few more revs.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex

Slightly worse when brand new, my mpg was increasing tank by tank up to 15000.

It's worth nothing that you're not just running in the engine but the entire car; brakes, tyres, clutch, steering - everything

Tristan

Nov 12, 2017
I am old skool so I run it in, nothing too anal, I spend the first 500 not going above 3000rpm, then 500 @ 4000rpm then sports mode and let rip beyond 1000 miles, I think it is as important to get a balance of driving as much as anything else, longer cruising journeys as well as shorter with a few more revs.

That's exactly what I did with my current Ibiza 1.8T and now at 109,000 miles it's smoother than ever and uses zero oil.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Thanks all. I’ve been pretty much sticking to the 3000rpm, then 4000rpm drills. Done 300miles since Saturday so hopefully the 1000 will come quickly and can open it up. The temptation is real!

Last edited:

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Thanks all. I’ve been pretty much sticking to the 3000rpm, then 4000rpm drills. Done 300 miles since Saturday so hopefully the 1000 will come quickly and can open it up. The temptation is real!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.