Desire red or mystery blue??

Blaine

Apr 12, 2012
Does anyone on here have pictures of their Desire red/mystery blue FR ST? Hoping to order in the next few weeks but undecided on colour. Thanks

Izomezzo

Apr 9, 2017
Leeds
Do a google for "seat mystery blue" and you'll see a loads of them. Looks good to me. I always prefer blue though. Currently in Alor blue, but I'd definitely go for mystery blue over red.

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Do a google for "seat mystery blue" and you'll see a loads of them. Looks good to me. I always prefer blue though. Currently in Alor blue, but I'd definitely go for mystery blue over red.

Alor blue is the best blue Seat did, shame they removed it from an option. Mystery has to be second best blue to go for !

Izomezzo

Apr 9, 2017
Leeds
Alor blue is the best blue Seat did, shame they removed it from an option. Mystery has to be second best blue to go for !

Really? I didn't realise they'd stopped it. I see the odd Leon with it now and again. Probably explains why it's quite rare. Handy in the car park though, I can never remember where I parked.

Cheers,

Last edited:

silles

May 4, 2017
for me it was Mystery blue, but i saw an Ibiza in the showroom with desire red and it looks very nize

Last edited:

weasley

May 19, 2017
South Oxfordshire
One consideration - the 'R' in 'FR' is red - do you want it to pop out (ie stand out against the Mystery Blue) or be colour-coordinated with the Desire Red?

I didn't actually go this far with my Leon, but when I was considering a Polo GTi I was avoiding the red because I wanted the red stripe on the front grille to stand out.

silles

May 4, 2017
One consideration - the 'R' in 'FR' is red - do you want it to pop out (ie stand out against the Mystery Blue) or be colour-coordinated with the Desire Red?

I didn't actually go this far with my Leon, but when I was considering a Polo GTi I was avoiding the red because I wanted the red stripe on the front grille to stand out.

yeah good point, also the red caliper on the cupra looks better with mystery blue

salsajoe

Apr 12, 2017
Yorkshire
Blue is a popular colour at the moment so perhaps residuals will be better later on? Might be biased but my 2016 FR looks good in blue but have painted the brake callipers the original silver (not red) to reduce the amount of brake dust and muck adhering to them.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
5c46bf53407cef69af64073c123f3080.jpg
a1eaf6ba97981ddf5ca7cd082ffd4cfa.jpg
3602ba0ffed33f2887f510baf60af3c1.jpg

Mystery Blue FR pics for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Izomezzo

Apr 9, 2017
Leeds
Yeah I'd definitely go for mystery blue. Though I'm curious what Speed metallic blue looks like.

Cheers,

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.